If you are absolutely new to the gaming world and are looking to assemble your unit for the best gaming experience, then you have landed at the right place. Choosing the right FM2+ motherboard for your gaming unit is not going to be an easy task and surely it is going to be stressful. There are more than 100’s of different types available with different price ranges, also the motherboard needs a perfect combination with the hard drive, graphics card and the CPU you have assembled up until now.
But the best part is when you have finally chosen the right motherboard for your unit, picking out other components becomes much easier from thereon since you have already undergone the difficult part of the work.
To make it even easier for you to pick the best one out, we have done a lot of research and testing on various kinds of chipsets and have shortened the list down to 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards available for you to grab on. Here are the reviews and the list of best of them:
Best FM2+ Motherboards – Reviews
#1 Asus A88X-PRO:
- Dual Intelligent Processors 4 with 4-Way Optimization
- 4-Way Optimization - One Click and Done! Top-up Performance, Efficiency, Digital Power, and System Cooling
- GPU Boost - Unlock integrated graphics performance for up to 30% boost
- 5X PROTECTION - All-round protection provides the best quality, reliability, and durability
- New UEFI BIOS - Full-scale Performance Tuning with Intuitive BIOS Interface
A88X-Pro motherboards with FM2+ sockets provide complete optimization and boost up the integrated graphics on all the APUs. It is a budget-friendly chipset well within the financial limits making it easier for you to spend a considerable amount on the other parts as well.
- Dual Intelligent Processor with 4-way optimization: A88X Pro provides intelligent processing with its advanced 4-way optimization. It gives power control for the FM2+ processors, multi-scenario design for gaming, multimedia, and entertainment. It intends to provide greater performance, better efficiency, and system cooling.
- GPU Boost: It unlocks any GPU and increases the integrated graphics performance to more than 30%.
- 5X Protection: This Asus motherboard provides 5X protection and guards your PC, giving the best quality and powers up the APU on demand.
- New UEFI BIOS: It is well renowned from ASUS that provides user-friendly and smoother mouse-controlled graphical BIOS.
- Budget friendly
- Provides complete optimization
- No access to M2 drive slots currently
Apart from the disadvantages, it has proved to provide great performance and advanced processing with its 4-way optimization technology. You can definitely opt for it and still save a few bucks to assemble other units.
#2 MSI A88X-G45 Gaming:
MSI A88X-G45 is a low-cost gaming-oriented FM2+ Motherboard designed for all gaming enthusiasts. It comes at an affordable price and supports multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphics cards with superb gaming features.
- Multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphic cards.
- E2200 series NIC is implemented that serves a wide networking range provided by the chipset to the system. Apart from this, it has software that manages the priority of the program that needs better connectivity
USB 2.0 port that enhances the connectivity of devices to it.
- Enhanced Realtek ALC1150 audio with sound blaster licensing giving exclusive performance and clarity.
- Budget friendly
- Better power consumption than most A88X
- Below average CPU performance
To sum up, the MSI A88X-G45 motherboard is one of the Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming available since it is within the budget and clearly outcasts many other A88X motherboards available in the market.
#3 ASRock FM2A88X-ITX Plus:
- Mfr Part Number: FM2A88X-ITX+
- CPU: Socket FM2+
- Supports Socket FM2+ 95W/ FM2 100W Processors
- 4 + 2 Power Phase design
- Chipset: AMD A88X (Bolton-D4)
The FM2A88X Extreme6+ is a full-size FM2+ motherboard with A88X chipset for gamers. It comes at a cost of approx $205 available on Amazon, which might be little too much for gaming enthusiasts.
- It supports socket FM2+ 95W and FM 100W processors
- Supports DDR3 2600+(OC)
- Integrated AMD Radeon R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU
- It has eight SATA 6 Gbps ports, 6 USB 3.0 ports, and support for up to 64GB DRAM
- High performance
- Powerful and efficient
- Below average CPU performance
This FM2+ motherboard gives that extra power to the system by the introduction of the 3.0 USB ports and amazing sound output with a high-end Realtek codec. It does come with an issue of overheating within hours of use but still, it has been awarded yet another Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming for all the amazing features it possesses.
#4 Asus A88XM-PLUS:
The A88XM-Plus manufactured by ASUS has been rated to be an excellent performer and its low price makes it even more enticing. According to the official company’s website, it consists of a micro ATX board which tells that they do not have the same expansion ports as that of a full-sized ATX board. It is yet another FM2+ motherboard that will fall under your budget with exciting features listed below.
- Performance Boost: The exclusive technology of GPU boost enables to unlock any APU for overclocking integrated graphics, increasing their performance by 30%.
- All round protection: The ASUS 5X protection provides all-around security that guards your PC against any unknown threats. The 5 x’s of protections are those of stable power control, overcurrent protection, high-quality solid caps, ESD guards and stainless steel back ICO.
- New UEFI BIOS: The newly advanced UEFI BIOS introduced by ASUS has made a benchmark in all of its manufactured motherboards. It is completely user-friendly and highly intuitive making it easier for you to browse through your desired BIOS pages.
- Fan Xpert 2: The newly introduced Fan Xpert 2 that features Fan auto tuning which helps in maintaining fan’s speed and creates the best balance between cooling performance and noise control.
- Complete USB 3.0 integration: The USB 3.0 ports are both on the front and rear panel. The speed is more than 10 times that of USB 2.0 port.
- Budget buy
- High performance and great speed
- Not same expansion ports as that of ATX board.
It is an excellent option to go for while choosing the best FM2+ motherboards for your gaming unit. It gives an excellent performance and just costs approx $63 making it perfect for your budget.
#5 Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X:
- Socket FM2+
- Chipset: AMD A88X
- Memory: 4x DDR3-2133/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Max Capacity of 64GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at x4), 3x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 2x PCI Slots
- SATA: 8x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD
The G1 Sniper A88X motherboards have been designed solely for gamers. It has A88X chipset with the latest Kaveri Processor that was introduced during its launch and the FM2+ socket. It is a decent FM2+ ATX board that gives out high performance.
- FM2+ socket supports AMD FM2+ and FM2 series: These are based on FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A88X chipset features the newly introduced APU socket.
- Gigabyte AMP-UP audio: This feature has modified the audio that we hear by providing a much clearer and powerful audio output for PC gamers.
- AMD dual graphics technology: The graphics technology boosts up the 3D graphics performance by adding AMD Radeon graphics card to the system.
- Four DDR3 memory slots: The G1 Sniper A88X supports 64 GB of RAM with a max speed of 2400 MHz when overclocked.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology: It delivers advanced technological display providing huge desktop spaces. It also helps users to extend the OS display by giving triple monitor support.
- Technological advances with Eyefinity Technology
- Supports Ultra Durable 4 plus
- Little costly as compared to other A88X with same features
The motherboard costs around $89 which is a little too high as compared to other A88X available in the market. Also, there were only USB 3 ports available. But if you are looking to go some extra space on ATX motherboard you can surely opt for this mid-range product.
#6 MSI 7721-206R A68HM-E33 V2 Socket FM2+ Motherboard:
- Socket FM2+ to support AMD A-Series/Athlon processors (with Godavari support)
- AMD A68H chipset
- 1 PCI-E (1x16), 1 PCI-E x1 and 1 PCI
- 1 HDMI and 1 VGA
This FM2+ motherboard supports AMD socket FM2+/FM2 A series socket motherboard. It has been one of the most reviewed on Amazon by the users and since it has a low price, it is most preferred.
- FM2+ socket chipset: The 7721-206R socket supports AMD A68HM V2. It brings stability and boosts up the performance.
- Memory: It has 2x DDR3 2133(OC)/1866/1600/1333 DIMM slots, dual channel, non-ECC, with a max capacity of 32GB RAM storage.
- Graphics: It contains dual graphics to provide you with excellent picture quality and max resolution for your PC.
- USB ports: This FM2+ socket contains 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear side, 4 USB 2.0 ports on the front side, 2 USB 2.0 ports on the rear side giving it the high performance with maximum output to the devices connected to it on both the front and rear side.
- Audio: This motherboard supports Realtek ALC887 codec audio output system meant to provide amazing audio quality and gives amazing output for all the gamers.
- Budget friendly
- Maximum Audio Output and High performance
- Doesn’t support parallel process technology
The motherboard is available at a cost of approx $50 which is quite cheap and meets your budget or even lesser. You can definitely go for it as it has decent features and can go for a long run for all the gamers.
#7 ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 FM2 Motherboard CROSSBLADE RANGER:
- AMD Socket FM2+ Athlon/A-series processors. Only FM2+ processors can support PCIe 3.0. Only FM2+ APU can support up to 4096 x 2160 resolution display via HDMI port
- Multi gpu supports amd three way crossfirex technology. Operating System Support is windows 8.1, 8 and 7. Supports cpu up to 4 cores. Lan is intel i211-at
- Intel Ethernet + LANGuard + Game First III - Game networking taken to the next level
- SupremeFX 2014 + Sonic Radar II - New and improved audio that's beyond compare
- KeyBot - An instant keyboard upgrade. AMD A88X FCH (Bolton D4) chipset
The flagship product of ASUS, AMD FM2+ ATX gaming motherboard will help you not only boost up your gaming performance but also its amazing audio quality will make it even better. The Crossblade ranger has been known to be the best gaming networking motherboard with amazing features listed below:
- Networking: This is what we call as gaming networking took to another level. The Intel Gigabit Ethernet introduced to this motherboards provides lower processing power and great speed therein. The exclusive Game First 3 has been upgraded with more awesome features for gaming enthusiasts and stunning interface.
- Audio: The Supreme FX cutting edge technology minimizes the EMI and delivers the best audio with the dedicated sound card. Also, we have Sonic Radar 2 designed specifically for first-person shooters to provide superb clarity of sound with real-life experience.
- Interface: The Keybot technology makes your existing keyboard upgraded to the Keybot processor. It has assigned macro function keys and helps to launch any applications with just one click of the button.
Performance: The auto-tuning technology brings out the true power of the AMD socket. The Turbo V processing helps to adjust the frequencies of the CPU.
- UEFI BIOS: According to media reviews and reports, ASUS has been known to introduce the best UEFI BIOS with the smoothest mouse-controlled graphics. It has been made up to provide speed and increase efficiency. The EZ and the advanced modes help to browse through the pages easily and comfortably.
- Protection: The company has always been right on top with its all-round protection of the system. It tends to provide 20% greater temperature endurance and 5x longer life span of the system.
- Superb audio, performance, protection and power
- Costly as compared to other A88X motherboards
The overall cost of the Cross Blade Ranger would sum up to $150 which is a hefty amount to pay but with its amazing and stunning features if you might wish to put some extra bucks on to it to give it a go.
#8 Asus A68HM-K – DDR3 FM2+ Socket AMD Motherboard:
- ASUS A68HM-K AMD FM2+ A68H HD7000/8000 DDR3 32GB PCI-Express SATA USB mATX Motherboard
The A68HM-K chipset comes with the FM2+ socket motherboard. It has been manufactured by the world’s leading motherboard manufacturer and is the most affordable motherboards available over the internet. It has some great features that help it stand out among others chipset of similar categories.
- Quality: The A68HM-K chipset has been market as the proven quality checked motherboard that is compatible with over 1000+ devices such as CPU’s, graphics cards, etc. Also, it is provided with 7000+ validation hours with testing to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Flawless Audio: Asus provides excellent audio quality when it comes to gaming and entertainment. It has audio shielding and special layout design to guard the quality of the sensitive audio.
- UEFI BIOS: The media acclaimed technology brought by ASUS has been a benchmark to all the motherboards manufactured. It is known for its smoothest mouse-controlled graphics and the fact that we can easily move through BIOS pages by the introduction of the EZ and advanced modes.
- Fan Xpert: The amazing technology of the Fan Xpert brings to you the ultimate cooling to the fan system and gives flexibility to the fan speeds maintaining a quiet environment.
- USB 3.0 Boost: The 3.0 boost technology increases the speed to 170% which is 10 times faster than the USB 2.0.
- Amazing audio quality
- Budget friendly
- Does not include 3.0 headers
The price of this motherboard is just approx $50 which is very cheap and perfectly fits your pocket and recommended as yet another one to be the Best FM2+ motherboards by gamers. If you want to buy a complete package with great performance and sound quality and the lower price you can definitely go for it and also if the headers port is not an issue.
The 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards Reviews are listed all above with all their features and price accordingly. It is quite easy now to choose from among them and make it out according to your budget and you are good to go.