If you are absolutely new to the gaming world and are looking to assemble your unit for the best gaming experience, then you have landed at the right place. Choosing the right FM2+ motherboard for your gaming unit is not going to be an easy task and surely it is going to be stressful. There are more than 100’s of different types available with different price ranges, also the motherboard needs a perfect combination with the hard drive, graphics card and the CPU you have assembled up until now.
But the best part is when you have finally chosen the right motherboard for your unit, picking out other components becomes much easier from thereon since you have already undergone the difficult part of the work.
To make it even easier for you to pick the best one out, we have done a lot of research and testing on various kinds of chipsets and have shortened the list down to 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards available for you to grab on. Here are the reviews and the list of best of them:
Best FM2+ Motherboards Reviews
#1 Asus A88X-PRO:
A88X-Pro motherboards with FM2+ sockets provides complete optimization and boosts up the integrated graphics on all the APU’s. It is a budget-friendly chipset well within the financial limits making it easier for you to spend a considerable amount on the other parts as well.
- Dual Intelligent Processor with 4-way optimization: A88X Pro provides intelligent processing with its advanced 4-way optimization. It gives power control for the FM2+ processors, multi-scenario design for gaming, multimedia, and entertainment. It intends to provide greater performance, better efficiency, and system cooling.
- GPU Boost: It unlocks any GPU and increases the integrated graphics performance to more than 30%.
- 5X Protection: This Asus motherboard provides 5X protection and guards your PC, giving the best quality and powers up the APU on demand.
- New UEFI BIOS: It is well renowned from ASUS that provides user-friendly and smoother mouse-controlled graphical BIOS.
- Budget friendly
- Provides complete optimization
- No access to M2 drive slots currently
Apart from the disadvantages, it has proved to provide great performance and advanced processing with its 4-way optimization technology. You can definitely opt for it and still save a few bucks to assemble other units.
#2 MSI A88X-G45 Gaming:
MSI A88X-G45 is low-cost gaming oriented FM2+ Motherboard designed for all gaming enthusiasts. It comes at an affordable price and supports multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphics cards with superb gaming features.
- Multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphic cards.
- E2200 series NIC is implemented that serves a wide networking range provided by the chipset to the system. Apart from this, it has software that manages the priority of the program that needs better connectivity
USB 2.0 port that enhances the connectivity of devices to it.
- Enhanced Realtek ALC1150 audio with sound blaster licensing giving exclusive performance and clarity.
- Budget friendly
- Better power consumption than most A88X
- Below average CPU performance
To sum up, the MSI A88X-G45 motherboard is one of the Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming available since it is within the budget and clearly outcasts many other A88X motherboards available in the market.
#3 ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+
The FM2A88X Extreme6+ is a full-size FM2+ motherboard with A88X chipset for gamers. It comes at a cost of approx $240 available on Amazon India, which might be little too much for gaming enthusiasts.
- It supports socket FM2+ 95W and FM 100W processors
- Supports DDR3 2600+(OC)
- Integrated AMD Radeon R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU
- It has eight SATA 6 Gbps ports, 6 USB 3.0 ports, and support for up to 64GB DRAM
- High performance
- Powerful and efficient
- Below average CPU performance
This FM2+ motherboard gives that extra power to the system by the introduction of the 3.0 USB ports and amazing sound output with a high-end Realtek codec. It does come with an issue of overheating within hours of use but still, it has been awarded yet another Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming for all the amazing features it possesses.
#4 Asus A88XM-PLUS:
The A88XM-Plus manufactured by ASUS has been rated to be an excellent performer and its low price makes it even more enticing. According to the official company’s website, it consists of a micro ATX board which tells that they do not have the same expansion ports as that of a full-sized ATX board. It is yet another FM2+ motherboard that will fall under your budget with exciting features listed below.
- Performance Boost: The exclusive technology of GPU boost enables to unlock any APU for overclocking integrated graphics, increasing their performance by 30%.
- All round protection: The ASUS 5X protection provides all-around security that guards your PC against any unknown threats. The 5 x’s of protections are those of stable power control, overcurrent protection, high-quality solid caps, ESD guards and stainless steel back ICO.
- New UEFI BIOS: The newly advanced UEFI BIOS introduced by ASUS has made a benchmark in all of its manufactured motherboards. It is completely user-friendly and highly intuitive making it easier for you to browse through your desired BIOS pages.
- Fan Xpert 2: The newly introduced Fan Xpert 2 that features Fan auto tuning which helps in maintaining fans speed and creates the best balance between cooling performance and noise control.
- Complete USB 3.0 integration: The USB 3.0 ports are both on the front and rear panel. The speed is more than 10 times that of USB 2.0 port.
- Budget buy
- High performance and great speed
- Not same expansion ports as that of ATX board.
It is an excellent option to go for while choosing the best FM2+ motherboards for your gaming unit. It gives an excellent performance and just costs approx $63 making it perfect for your budget.
#5 Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X:
The G1 Sniper A88X motherboards have been designed solely for gamers. It has A88X chipset with the latest Kaveri Processor that was introduced during its launch and the FM2+ socket. It is a decent FM2+ ATX board that gives out high performance.
- FM2+ socket supports AMD FM2+ and FM2 series: These are based on FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A88X chipset features the newly introduced APU socket.
- Gigabyte AMP-UP audio: This feature has modified the audio that we hear by providing a much clearer and powerful audio output for PC gamers.
- AMD dual graphics technology: The graphics technology boosts up the 3D graphics performance by adding AMD Radeon graphics card to the system.
- Four DDR3 memory slots: The G1 Sniper A88X supports 64 GB of RAM with a max speed of 2400 MHz when overclocked.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology: It delivers advanced technological display providing huge desktop spaces. It also helps users to extend the OS display by giving triple monitor support.
- Technological advances with Eyefinity Technology
- Supports Ultra Durable 4 plus
- Little costly as compared to other A88X with same features
The motherboard costs around $89 which is a little too high as compared to other A88X available in the market. Also, there were only USB 3 ports available. But if you are looking to go some extra space on ATX motherboard you can surely opt for this mid-range product.
#6 MSI 7721-206R A68HM-E33 V2 Socket FM2+ Motherboard:
This FM2+ motherboard supports AMD socket FM2+/FM2 A series socket motherboard. It has been one of the most reviewed on Amazon by the users and since it has a low price, it is most preferred.
- FM2+ socket chipset: The 7721-206R socket supports AMD A68HM V2. It brings stability and boosts up the performance.
- Memory: It has 2x DDR3 2133(OC)/1866/1600/1333 DIMM slots, dual channel, non-ECC, with a max capacity of 32GB RAM storage.
- Graphics: It contains dual graphics to provide you with excellent picture quality and max resolution for your PC.
- USB ports: This FM2+ socket contains 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear side, 4 USB 2.0 ports on the front side, 2 USB 2.0 ports on the rear side giving it the high performance with maximum output to the devices connected to it on both the front and rear side.
- Audio: This motherboard supports Realtek ALC887 codec audio output system meant to provide amazing audio quality and gives amazing output for all the gamers.
- Budget friendly
- Maximum Audio Output and High performance
- Doesn’t support parallel process technology
The motherboard is available at a cost of approx $50 which is quite cheap and meets your budget or even lesser. You can definitely go for it as it has decent features and can go for a long run for all the gamers.
#7 ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 FM2 Motherboard CROSSBLADE RANGER:
The flagship product of ASUS, AMD FM2+ ATX gaming motherboard will help you not only boost up your gaming performance but also its amazing audio quality will make it even better. The Crossblade ranger has been known to be the best gaming networking motherboard with amazing features listed below:
- Networking: This is what we call as gaming networking took to another level. The Intel Gigabit Ethernet introduced to this motherboards provides lower processing power and great speed therein. The exclusive Game First 3 has been upgraded with more awesome features for gaming enthusiasts and stunning interface.
- Audio: The Supreme FX cutting edge technology minimizes the EMI and delivers the best audio with the dedicated sound card. Also, we have Sonic Radar 2 designed specifically for first-person shooters to provide superb clarity of sound with real-life experience.
- Interface: The Keybot technology makes your existing keyboard upgraded to the Keybot processor. It has assigned macro function keys and helps to launch any applications with just one click of the button.
Performance: The auto-tuning technology brings out the true power of the AMD socket. The Turbo V processing helps to adjust the frequencies of the CPU.
- UEFI BIOS: According to media reviews and reports, ASUS has been known to introduce the best UEFI BIOS with the smoothest mouse-controlled graphics. It has been made up to provide speed and increase efficiency. The EZ and the advanced modes help to browse through the pages easily and comfortably.
- Protection: The company has always been right on top with its all-round protection of the system. It tends to provide 20% greater temperature endurance and 5x longer life span of the system.
- Superb audio, performance, protection and power
- Costly as compared to other A88X motherboards
The overall cost of the Cross Blade Ranger would sum up to $150 which is a hefty amount to pay but with its amazing and stunning features if you might wish to put some extra bucks on to it to give it a go.
#8 Asus A68HM-K – DDR3 FM2+ Socket AMD Motherboard:
The A68HM-K chipset comes with the FM2+ socket motherboard. It has been manufactured by the world’s leading motherboard manufacturer and is the most affordable motherboards available over the internet. It has some great features that help it stand out among others chipset of similar category.
- Quality: The A68HM-K chipset has been market as the proven quality checked motherboard that is compatible with over 1000+ devices such as CPU’s, graphics cards, etc. Also, it is provided with 7000+ validation hours with testing to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Flawless Audio: Asus provides excellent audio quality when it comes to gaming and entertainment. It has audio shielding and special layout design to guard the quality of the sensitive audio.
- UEFI BIOS: The media acclaimed technology brought by ASUS has been a benchmark to all the motherboards manufactured. It is known for its smoothest mouse-controlled graphics and the fact that we can easily move through BIOS pages by the introduction of the EZ and advanced modes.
- Fan Xpert: The amazing technology of the Fan Xpert brings to you the ultimate cooling to the fan system and gives flexibility to the fan speeds maintaining a quiet environment.
- USB 3.0 Boost: The 3.0 boost technology increases the speed to 170% which is 10 times faster than the USB 2.0.
- Amazing audio quality
- Budget friendly
- Does not include 3.0 headers
The price of this motherboard is just approx $50 which is very cheap and perfectly fits your pocket and recommended as yet another one to be the Best FM2+ motherboards by gamers. If you want to buy a complete package with great performance and sound quality and the lower price you can definitely go for it and also if the headers port is not an issue.
The 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards Reviews are listed all above with all their features and price accordingly. It is quite easy now to choose from among them and make it out according to your budget and you are good to go.
Best Z270 Motherboards 2019 – Reviews
Are you into gaming? You might then know how important it is to have a good motherboard for gaming computers. The Z270 motherboards are something that you need for it. These motherboards would help you to get speedier gaming and would support your computer in all high power games. The motherboard is the main component that decides everything for you. It decides what storage you can connect in or what memory you can use in your computer. The Z270 motherboards are one that will surely let you maximize your gaming capacity, especially when it’s about the Kaby lake or skylake processors.
Here we are listing The Best Z270 motherboards that you can use in your Kaby Lake and Sky lake computers-
1. Asus ROG STRIX Z270-E:
The Asus ROG STRIX Z270-E motherboard is the one which would be perfect if you are looking for quality, performance, and features. This is known to be an expensive model having a USB3.1 front-panel connector, WiFi, 2T2R, and Bluetooth v4.1 support.
It has a sleek black design and a 10-phase digital power system. Asus company has smartly;y added Strix lineup in its ROG series. This board also has 6 SATA 3 ports, 2 x M.2 ports, 2 x RGB 12V headers, and the supreme FX 8 channel audio.
The board is famous for its WiFi chip which is available on the board, that board that allows latency and good connection for gamers. Also, this chip is responsible for the high speed it offers to your computer.
Verdict- It is a good and worth buying motherboard for your gaming computer. The only disadvantage of this motherboard is that the BIOS is not that good.
- Wifi Compatible
- USB 3.1. front panel connector
- Bluetooth v4.1 Support
2. MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon:
MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon Motherboard is the best VR motherboard. It supports both the generations of intel Skylake and kaby lake, so whichever you are using, you can get this motherboard for your computer. It provides you a wide range of support to the hardware. Thus, you can fill the ddr4 slots with preferred memory. Also, the motherboard comes with air and liquid cooling support with which your computer would be at an apt temperature. It comes with ATX or Mini ATX form factor. It has LGA1151 socket, 3x crossfire / 2x SLI, Carbon fiber design with onboard illumination. It also supports multiple graphics cards, M.2 shield, and Mystic Light Sync.
Verdict- It is one of the best VR motherboards available for Kaby lake and skylake generations. It would not apply all-important boost automatically.
- Temperature controlling ability
- Multiple graphics card support
- Multiple ddr4 slots
- It does not apply important boosts automatically
3. Asus Prime Z270 P:
Another incredible motherboard by Asus is Asus Prime Z270 P. This motherboard is good for the 7th generation intel processor. It comes with advanced multi-directional hardware protection. It has LED support in its PCls slot and audio splitter. It also provides support for native dual M.2 and NVMe PCIe RAID. Users of this motherboard would get fast storage speed too.
It can support DDR4 memory. This can go to around 3866MHz, a new generation of intel Optane high- speed. It controls the temperature well and dissipates heat quickly.
Verdict- If you need a high technology motherboard, this would be suggested. It controls the heat in the computer and also has LED light effects. The disadvantage is that it does not have any DVI- D port.
- Controls of Heat quickly
- LED light effect
- Optane high-speed storage technology
- Does not have DVI-D port
4. Asus Prime Z270 A:
When it comes to gaming, Asus comes first in providing suitable components. Another name from Asus is Asus Prime Z270 A motherboard. This is another motherboard that you can get for your Kaby Lake or Skylake intel version. If we look for its design, you will find it much similar to the Z170 A model. The color of this motherboard is black & white.
It comes in a scientific look, as the design of the motherboard is of black and white-colored grain, and there is a hollowed out I/O armor.
It comes with two alloys alloy-hardened PCIe 3.0 slots, PCIe 3.0×16 on the top and PCIe 3.0×8 on the bottom, supporting dual SLI/CF.
Just below the Southbridge of the motherboard and under the CPU socket, you would get an M.2 SSD interface, six USB interfaces, and audio, network, and display interfaces. It provides you a frequency up to 4500 MHz as it has i7-7700K.
Where everything has been added and edited, the company has not changed the BIOS of this motherboard. Still, it has an easy to operate BIOS.
Verdict- The Asus Prime Z270 A motherboards are no doubt best to use for kaby lake and sky lake processors. It has a sleek design and is the budget-friendly motherboard. Overclocking is also dominant in this motherboard. The only thing that it lacks is that it does not have an excellent cooling system. So you may experience excessive heat in the system.
- Budget friendly
- It supports M2 devices
- Inadequate cooling
5. ASRock Z270 Extreme4:
This is another motherboard which you can consider for your kaby lake or sky lake processor-based computer. You would inevitably get attracted by the packaging of the motherboard. The X on the package is much like an armored warrior.
The ASRock Z270 Extreme4 has essential features that all motherboards have. It doesn’t own any fancy features that still have enough to provide you with excellent performance. It comes with 5 fan ports whereas, in other motherboards, you may find 6 fan ports.
It also has four DDR4 DIMMs which can support up to 64GB of DDR4-2400 memory. This is to provide you with better-overclocking performance.
Verdict- It comes in an excellent design and sturdy quality. The motherboard also has a steel PCIe slot. On the negative side, it does not have integrated WiFi.
- Decent Appearance
- Good quality
- PCIe Slot of Steel
- Does not support WiFi
How to Choose Best Z270 Motherboard – Buying Guide
If you are confused about how to buy a good motherboard for your computer, we are here to help you. Check this buying guide before investing in any of the motherboards-
Type of Motherboard
There are two types of motherboards which you will find. Motherboards may be the ones supporting Intel or AMD CPUs. It would depend on the system you are using and the CPU you have. This would be a device that motherboard you should purchase.
The Intel CPU based motherboards would provide you with better performance than the AMD CPU based motherboards. Another thing you should look for the socket type motherboard you need. It could be possible that the intel processor you are using may have the wrong socket type. This you can check in the packaging, as the manufacturer mentions the socket type in the package.
Now, you should check for the RAM the motherboard has. It could be DDR3 or DDR4. .The latest RAMs are faster, and therefore you would be able to get the perfect gaming on your computer. You can choose the RAM as per your preference and your board.
RAM Speed is also an essential aspect to look for in your motherboard while buying it. You can always check the RAM speed on the manufacturer’s details. Next comes the RAM capacity. This you should never overlook.
Your RAM capacity might be up to 64 GB or 128 GB. The various motherboard offers different RAM capacity. You would need to get the one which offers more memory for your gaming, as there are many games which need excellent performance and for that, your motherboard should have good memory support.
It is better to choose the motherboard having more RAM slots than buying the motherboard of high RAM capacity. This would help you to upgrade memory whenever you need it.
The motherboard comes in different sizes. This is generally known as the form factor. The popular Sizes are ATX and Micro ATX (mATX). The later are of small sizes and do not have many features. This implies that here you would need to go for the ATX sizes motherboard as they would provide you with better features and would be more substantial.
If you want a budget-friendly motherboard, you can go for the mATX but should be picked correct one considering other factors too.
USB Ports and Expansion Slots
Slots are necessary for your motherboard when you want to upgrade your computer. Whether it is about adding network cards or new sound cards in your system, all can be added using the slots your motherboard offer. That’s why, when selecting a motherboard for your computer, you would need to check for the slots and what type of they are. This would tell you what upgrades are possible in your system.
You would also need to check what the motherboards are offering ports. This would allow you to connect different devices in your motherboard.
When you want more connections, you should look for the motherboard offering the highest number of slots and ports.
For every gamer, networking is essential. These days, motherboards come with WiFi support so you would be able to connect it to the internet. However, it is advised to use the LAN connectivity for stable support. The motherboards with LAN connectivity would be giving different speeds. You would be required to check what speed you will get with LAN and choose the preferred one.
Some motherboards offer you to add network cards to it. If you too want to improve the speed, you can look for the motherboard providing an option to add network cards to it.
SLI and CrossFire Support
If you are a gamer who prefers adding the option of dual graphics, you must look for the motherboard which is NVIDIA SLI or AMD Crossfire compatible. If you want to go for a budget-friendly model, you can find them too quickly.
Audio is essential in gaming. You would want your system to provide the best audio. If you want so, you can choose the motherboard which provides you with built-in capabilities. You can always choose what the manufacturer is providing or may add a sound card to it. However, the sound card would add more cost to it.
Quality always matters. The top brands providing motherboards would give you better quality and would provide you warranty as well. So it is always better to go for brands and get the best quality motherboards from them. Some of the brands you can look for are MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, and AS1.
Basic Input-output system BIOS is the crucial component you should look for in the motherboard you are considering to buy. The BIOS manages your system out of the operating system before it gets the boot. You should check in the motherboards if the BIOS is updated one or not.
This is another thing you would be needed in your motherboard. Check for the best motherboard providing the highest overclocked speed to your system. This would help your system to manage the temperature of the system. It will easily handle the heat. So never avoid this factor.
These were the best gaming Z270 motherboards you can go for. However, before buying them go through the given buying guides. Get the best motherboard for you, and enjoy gaming.
Best Z97 Motherboards for Intel’s Broadwell Processors 2019 – Reviews
Intel has released its Z97 platform in 2014. Later, a wide range of motherboards was available for the performance platform. Multiple CPUs such as Haswell, Haswell Refresh, Devil’s Canyon and Broadwell are compatible with this platform. Intel’s Z97 platform consists of different types of boards, and each board aims for a specific key segment.
For all those people who don’t know, Broadwell is mainly a codename for Intel’s fifth-generation CPUs. Broadwell is the successor of the Intel’s Haswell-based processors, and currently, there are only two Broadwell processors that are compatible with Desktops, namely Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C.
Broadwell Processors are only compatible with the Socket 1150 motherboards which consist of Intel’s Z97 and H97 Chipsets.
Recent Intel Broadwell based CPUs consist of the highly advanced onboard graphics engine ever, Iris Pro Graphics 9200 and all these chips are compatible with the dual DDR3 RAM.
There are different Z97 motherboards available in the market which are compatible with the Broadwell processors. Hence, you might face difficulty in selecting the best one. To resolve this, we will list the Best Z97 Motherboard Reviews. You can refer the list and purchase the motherboard as per your requirement.
Best Z97 Motherboards for Intel’s Broadwell Processors 2019 – Reviews
1. MSI Z97 Gaming 5
MSI is one of the most popular brands, whether we talk about the Video-cards, All-in-one PCs, or custom motherboards. This motherboard from MSI is best in terms of price as well as value.
Initially, the complete blank theme along with the striking red accents and a dragon logo on the heatsink makes it look incredible. The motherboard comes with a lot of amazing features that are suitable for an average gamer.
In MSI’s Z97 Gaming 5, heatsinks are present at the top and the left side of the CPU Socket, hence they are suitable for more overclocking and gaming potentials.
MSI consists of PCB with Military Class 4 Components, and the technology comes with Hi-C Cap, Super Ferrite Chokes and Dark Caps.
Hi-c CAP is little; however, it’s energy efficient (up to 93%) capacitor. Therefore, it falls under the list of Best Z97 motherboards.
Dark Caps are mainly used in the motherboards for a long time due to its 10-year lifespan, and it offers lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR).
Here, the Z97 Gaming 5 integrates a Guard-Pro combo features which play an essential role in terms of longevity and durability of the motherboard. Guard-Pro protects from different things such as Humidity, High Temperature, Electro Static Discharge, and Electromagnetic Interference.
Without further ado, here are some of the unique features:
- Atheros Killer LAN E2205:
It is a sharp, QoS Ethernet controller which instantly improves the Internet Connection. Also, it helps to provide the best latency and speeds up the performance of the gaming session over other network interferences.
- Audio Boost 2:
This technology provides great-quality audio experience instantly from the inbuilt ALC 1150 codec on the motherland. The Nichicon chips and audio circuitry, along with two 600ohm headphone amplifiers, are separated by a red LED path to stop bending which occurs due to electromagnetic signals from other components.
Here, the sound clip is isolated, and it acts as an add-on sound card for the processor, which directs to an optional direct audio power to provide excellent signal quality output.
- USB Audio Power:
In case your headphones have an inbuilt sound processing unit and connect through a USB port, then the MSI Gaming 5 provides a particular USB port on the backside which always throws out 5V current to match with your headphones power equipment. This also protects you from useless distortion, which occurs via standard USB port.
- SLI and CrossFire support in Three PCIe x16Slots
- Amazing Sound Quality with Cinema Blaster 2 and Audio Boost 2
- Four USB 3.0 ports and Four USB 2.0 ports are available in the back
- One USB 2.0 header and two USB 2.0 headers in the motherland
- Four PCIe1
- Six SATA 6Gb/s connections
- M.2 Connector slot supports 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length module at 10Gb/s for PCIe or 6 Gb/s for SATA
- It works properly with SteamOS
- Onboard LED reading
- VGA, DVI and HDMI, 2-way CrossFireX ready
2. Asrock Z97 Killer
Asrock Z97 Killer falls under our list of Asrock Best Z97 Motherboards. Asrock is built from good-quality Glass Fabric as the core material for the PCB (printed-circuit-board) including effective NextFET MOSFETs (ESD protection), superior quality Alloy Chokes, and 12K Platinum conductive polymer capacitors.
Here, all these parts are specially meant to enhance the durability of the motherboard; however, if you are looking forward to overclocking, then this will not be useful. Moreover, heatsinks are built from cheap quality material, and most probably helps in overclocking at a medium level.
Apart from these specs, the motherboard consists of 15μ Gold-coated contacts present in memory DIMM slots and PCIe slot including a high-density CPU power connector.
Here, Z97 Fatal1ty provides a wide range of goodies for your gaming life known as Gaming Armour.
Gaming Armour shields you from sudden voltage spikes from damaging your motherboard components. Apart from this, you should have one decent power supply for safety purposes.
Two of the most amazing features of the motherboard are:
- Atheros Killer LAN E2200:
It is a smart ethernet controller which provides improved online gaming. It works just like any other NIC, however, consists of an internal QoS algorithm. It enables the system to find out and allocate the bandwidth accordingly. Here, online gaming session to have low latency, excellent speed, and keeps less load on system resources.
- Purity Sound 2:
The technology is as per the Realtek ALC1150 codec present in the mid-range and premium motherboards, displaying 7.1 HD Channels, 115dB SNR and two NE5532 amplifiers.
- 8-Power Phase Design.
- One PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
- One PCIe x1 runs at x2
- One PCIe 2.0 x16 runs at x4 (x2, if the PCIe x1 stated above, is occupied)
- Two standard PCI slots
- Motherboard assists only Crossfire / Quad Crossfire.
- Six SATA III ports
- One SATA Express Port
- One M.2 Socket
- It consists of Two USB 2.0 and Four USB 3.0 on the back panel
- It consists of Two USB 2.0 headers and one USB 3.0 header on board
- One Thunderbolt header
- Fatal1ty USB Mouse Port
3. Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
The Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H is an average model that is meant for an informal enthusiast who is not concerned about overclocking, even though they don’t have any issue with overclocking features like DualBIOS switch and voltage read points. The board also consists of a power button with a two-digit debug display so that you can troubleshoot any of the issues.
The highly durable motherboard is built from the great-quality components like 15-micron gold sockets and 10k black capacitors. The design is new, which consist of mustard yellow color giving shine to metallic components and providing a clean and sleek look.
- Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201:
It is an intelligent, adaptive, Ethernet controller that utilizes SmartQoS, manual traffic prioritization to enhance your gaming experience. It also provides better audio, OC RAM Support, and LAN.
- UEFI DualBios:
The board consists of an extra BIOS ROM for backup purposes. In any case, you destroy the first one; you can flip a switch and start it over again.
- It consists of Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio Codec and rear audio amplifier
- Atheros Killer networking port that allows advanced interrupt handling
- 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 2x PCI Slots
- Multiple Graphics: Supports 3-way/2-way AMD crossfire and 2-way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- Supports 3 displays at the same time
- 1 x M.2 PCIe connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots
- 8 X USB 3.0 and 6 X USB 2.0 slots
4. Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
Gigabyte is one of the most popular firms when we talk about motherboards. With the help of strong marketing, Gigabyte is the only company which stands strong with Asustek.
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 falls under our list of Best Z97 Motherboards. Now, we can compare the Gigabyte Motherboard with Asrock and MSI Motherboards.
The key signature of the Gigabyte Motherboard is that they are Ultra Durable. According to the Manufacturer’s viewpoint, its a perfect mixture of high-quality components to provide high quality, energy efficient, solid performance system board and thermal management for overclocking with no compromises.
G1 AMP-UP Audio Technology:
The essential thing of these motherboards is that they highly focus on the quality of audio output as compared to other features. They consist of a dedicated, insulated portion on the PCB for sound hardware components.
For those users who don’t know AMP-UP is a capability to equip with various operational amplifiers other than the original one as an upgrade for good sound experience. But, as Gaming 3 is an entry-level motherboard, it doesn’t support Opamps.
Primarily, the maker utilizes great-quality 8-Channel HD ALC-1150 SNR 115dB processor, and 600ohm amplifier for the professional headset, in order to use Custom-AMP Technology. The entire audio system operates on the Sound Blaster X-Fi platform, one of the highly powerful engines made especially for gaming purposes; i.e., Scoutcode, 3DSurround, VoiceFX, and Creative ALchemy.
Moreover, Gigabyte separates the whole audio hardware zone from PCB layers using the LED trace path lightning. They can also move one-step ahead by differentiating analog and digital ground, the left and right audio channels on separate channels on different layers to protect the output signal from EMI fully.
- Atheros Killer E2201:
Killer E2201 is an intelligent, adaptive Ethernet controller which uses smart QoS, manual traffic prioritization to the great gaming experience.
For instance, if you are playing a game online, listening to Spotify and also at the same time downloading software, the chipset effectively uses the connection to provide the best latency in your game and also provides sufficient bandwidth to music and the software you are downloading.
UEFI DualBIOS: This motherboard includes an additional BIOS ROM for backup. Suppose you are not able to manage the situation on the first one, then you can flip it and start it from the beginning.
- 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots
- 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at X4)
- 3x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot. All three are disabled if PCIe 2.0 x16 above is occupied
- 1x PCI Slot
- Supports 2-way or 3-way Crossfire or 2-way SLI
- 1x M.1 Socket
- 1x SATA Express port
- 6x SATA III ports
- Consists of 4x USB 3.0 ports and 4x 2.0 Ports on the back panel
- 1x USB 3.0 header and 2x USB 2.0 header
- 2x CPU fan headers
- 4x Memory slots are available
5. Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Motherboard
The Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 Motherboard falls under the list of Best Z97 Motherboards. Also, it is in the high-end category of Socket 1150 motherboards and several gamers who are serious about overclocking. Primarily, the two leading desktop Broadwell Processors, the Core i7-5775C and the Core i5-5675C, are both unlocked. Hence, they will be able to utilize various overclocking features via the motherboards BIOS.
This motherboard is not suitable for beginners, and if you are not looking for overclocking, then there are highly suitable and low-cost motherboards available in the market.
There are ample storage options available with ten SATA 6Gb/s ports, two M.2 ports, and two SATA Express ports. It consists of seven fan headers, which is enough. BIOS is straightforward to use and quick boot time is an added benefit.
- Purity Sound 2:
The technology is according to the Realtek ALC1150 codec available in the mid-range and superior motherboards, displaying 7.1 HD Channels, 115dB SNR and two NE5532 amplifiers.
- Supports Quad CrossFire and Quad SLI
- Consists of Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio Codec with Purity Sound 2 sound system for unbelievable sound
- Thunderbolt ready which supports maximum 6 Thunderbolt devices
- Two M.2 slots
- One SATA Express port
- Three PCIe x16 connections
- Ten SATA 6Gb/s ports
- Ten USB 3.0 and five USB 2.0 ports
We hope that you have checked Best Z97 Motherboard reviews and chosen the motherboard. If you like our list of Motherboards, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and followers.
Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards for Gaming 2019: Reviews & Comparison of Top 5
Are you looking forward to assembling a high-performance PC or a gaming PC, then you will require a good motherboard.
Your motherboard is the main part of the system to which all the other parts are connected. Most of the issues on your system can be identified by looking back into the motherboard, as it is an integral part of the system. This consists of a lack of overclocking performance.
Motherboards with Socket AM3+ are specially build for AMD’s Line of Bulldozer processors. Several CPUs which have piledriver architecture are compatible with the AM3+ socket motherboards.
Most of the Bulldozer processors are compatible with Socket AM3+ motherboards – FX-43xx (four thread processors), FX-63xx (six thread processors), and FX-83xx (eight thread processors). Please note that Piledriver A-Series processors are not compatible with the AM3+ motherboard, you will require a motherboard with FM2 for these CPUs.
In the last few years, various firms have started developing motherboards. Hence, you may find it challenging to decide which motherboard I should buy. To resolve your issue, here we will provide a list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Without much ado, let’s get started:
Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards for Gaming 2019: Reviews & Comparison of Top 5
1. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
ASUS is the first name that comes in my mind when I talk about the best AM3+ motherboards. The motherboard features high-quality design with a lot of overclocking features. Talking about the performance, it is available at an affordable price and also holds the majority of the world records as well.
It consists of Extreme Engine Digi+ II, which is a great combination of both analog and digital design elements. It allows accurate adjustments to build higher efficiency, stability, and performance for total system control. It also consists of SuperFX III, which provides a terrific gaming experience.
This motherboard has an excellent heat waste, which enables for stable overclocking of sometimes hot FX processors and prevents from any issues which can occur from other components.
If you are looking for a motherboard with standard overclocking performance, then don’t go for it. This motherboard can provide the best gaming performance for your gaming rig.
- Supports up to 32GB of DDR3 2400 (OC)
- Three PCIe 2.0 x 16 ports, 8 SATA Gb/s connections
- 8 USB 2.0 and 4 USB 3.0 slots
- Onboard video in Super FXII which makes sound card obsolete
- 3 Qay SLI/CrossFire X
- Supercharged LAN
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z is suitable for mid and high-end builds, which can benefit more performance adjustment. Lower-end builds can go with a standard board so that they can allocate the right amount to other components.
2. ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
If you are looking forward to any other Overclocking option, then you can opt for ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0. The quality of heat excess is the same as Formula-Z; the motherboard is suitable for anyone who doesn’t want to get modern features.
This motherboard falls in our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards. It has a pretty amazing overclocking potential. Also, the UEFI BIOS of the board is quick and simple to set up.
It features TUF Thermal Radar for real-time thermal detection with professional user mode for customized settings. It consists of TUF Capacitors, Chokes, and MOSFETS approved by the Military standard to provide exceptional durability. Lastly, it also features a DIGI+ power control system for both CPU and DRAM.
- Three PCIe 2.0×16, One PCIe 2.0×16, One PCIe 2.0×1 and lastly 1x PCI
- Six SATA 6Gb/s ports
- 4 DDR3 RAM slots which support up to 32GB RAM
- It supports Quad-GPU SLI and CrossFireX Technology
- It features Realtek ALC892 9-Channel HD Audio Codec
- It includes 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports in mid-board, 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports for the back panel
- It features 12 USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (Out of which 8 are in the back panel, and 4 are in the mid-board)
- It comes with AMD Cool n Quiet Technology
3. Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Gigabyte is one of the most popular brands when we talk about motherboards. It supports the latest AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II series, processors. It has a great 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for AMD high-TDP CPU Support.
It features three PCIe 2,0 connections for 2Way AMD CrossFireX and SLI multi-graphics support. AMD SB950 offers 6 native SATA 3 ports with very high 6GBps link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 support.
This motherboard supports USB 3.0 with awesome transfer speed up to 5 Gbps, and Gigabyte 3x USB Power along with On/Off Charge USB ports. It consists of highly durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled technology for lower working temperature. Turbo XHD allows you to speed up the performance of the hard drive.
The motherboard is developed with a technology that helps to save energy. It features patented Dual Bios with Hybrid EFI Technology which supports HDD up to 3TB. Lastly, it supports Dolby Home Theater Audio.
- Six SATA 6 Gb/s connectors which support up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices. Also, it has two eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel which supports 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- Four 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets that support up to 32GB RAM.
- Support for DDR3 2000 (O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Realtek ALC889 HD codec
- Expansion slots:
- Two PCI Express X 16 slots running at x16,
- One PCI Express X 4 slots running at x4,
- Two PCI Express X 1 slot,
- 1 PCI slot
- Multiple Graphics Technology
- NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technologies
4. MSI 970 Gaming
MSI is one of the most popular brands which has lately entered into the gaming industry; however, the firm has maintained its position. It falls under our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Talking about the design, the black and red theme of the board is awesome, and it suits well to the high-end hardware of rig. Apart from this, it has Shielded audio, including quality parts and full SLI and Crossfire, which benefits you in many ways.
The motherboard provides Audio Boost which is backed up by Nahimic Sound Technology. In this motherboard, Advanced Military Class 4 Components are used.
There are mainly two components, which include Super Ferrite Chokes and Solid Cap. Super Ferrite Chokes operates at 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% more current capacity, and a 20% increase in power efficiency and overclocking power stability.
Using the aluminum core design, Solid Caps are specially designed for a high-end design motherboard. Solid Caps offers lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) and work simply for over 10 years.
The current UEFI BIOS system is fully rebuilt and consists of a lot of system builder’s options. Starting with M-Flash for simple BIOS flashing to highly advanced protection and security, Click BIOS provides you with all the tools to protect as well as enhance the system.
MSI motherboard includes a highly reliable gaming device port which offers the best connectivity for a high-end gaming mouse to fully use its speed.
Smart fan control allows you to control all the fans present on the motherboard. This feature is useful for gamers and overclockers as they will be able to track the status of the fans, set profiles, and record fan speed.
- Motherboard supports AMD FX/ Phenom II/ Athlon II/ Sempron II processors for AM3+ socket.
- The heatsink is purposefully oversized to offer the best thermal transfer and heat dissipation. Hence, you can play 24 hours per day.
- It features the Audio Boost 2 technology which provides the best quality audio experience directly from built-in ALC 1150 codec.
- It has 4x Memory in DDR3
- Two PCIe 2.0x 16 Slots, two PCIe 2.0×1 Slots, 2 PCI Slots
- Six SATA3 ports
- Four USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 headers), Fourteen USB 2.0 Ports (8 rear, 6 via headers)
- Killer Ethernet and Killer Gigabit LAN
5. ASUS M5A97 AM3+
If you are on a tight budget for your components, then you can go with the ASUS M5A97 AM3+. You get a quality board at such an affordable price and can allocate more money to the rest of the components.
In under $80, the motherboard provides all the features you need for an affordable PC build.
The motherboard includes an AMD 970/SB950 chipset and supports the newest AMD Socket AM3+ for 8-core processors. Using the latest socket AM3+, it offers ease of use of AM3 and AM3+, thus providing users to choose from current or previous AMD CPUs.
ASUS Exclusive Design features an EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit), which claims to offer high-quality performance for all the tasks, thus offering users excellent performance.
Network iControl allows users for real-time bandwidth allocation control to ensure sufficient bandwidth usage.
- 4x DIMM, DDR3 RAM, Max RAM Capacity of 32GB
- Six SATA 6Gb/s connectors which support RAID 0,1,5,10
- Remote GO- One Stop Solution for PC Remote Control and Home Entertainment
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel HD Audio CODEC
- UEFI BIOS, which provides simple and adjustable BIOS Interface
- Directkey to access the BIOS directly
- One PCIe 2.0×16 (blue), one PCIe 2.0×16 (x4 mode, black), two PCIe 2.0×1, two PCI
- USB 3.0 Boost which enables Quick USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
- It makes USB BIOS Flashback quick and easy due to hardware design
Which Motherboard will you require for your AMD Processor?
Compatibility: While assembling AMD Gaming PC, you will get the best return based on the amount you spent. AMD’s FX-Series allows you to achieve this. Initially, you must be looking for an AM3+ motherboard. All the above-listed motherboards are compatible with the FX series, and also Phenom II, Athlon II, and the Sempron 100 Series processors.
AMD APUs: One of the most amazing launches in the last few years by AMD is their APUs. APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit. Anyone who is on budget and wants to improve its performance can go with APUs.
AMD mainly needs to make sure that multiple generations of processors are compatible with motherboards, AMD’s Llano APU needs the socket FM1 motherboards. Trinity and Richland motherboards need the FM2 socket. Lately, the Kaveri series needs the FM2+ socket which is backwards compatible with Trinity and Richard.
How can I check whether the AMD AM3 processor is compatible with the motherboard or not?
Currently, if you possess an AM3 motherboard and planning to upgrade to something compatible with AMD’s latest Zambezi processors, then it is essential to check if your motherboard is compatible with AMD’s Bulldozer architecture Zambezi processors. Secondly, you have to check if the new motherboard is compatible with it or not.
To check whether your motherboard is compatible or not, go to the manufacturer’s AM3+ compatible webpage and enter necessary details and check it.
Here, we have provided Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards Reviews by considering a lot of different factors. You can purchase any of the motherboards from the list as per your requirement and budget. We hope that you like our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Lastly, don’t forget to share this list with your friends and followers.
How to Find the Best Digital Piano – Best Digital Pianos & Electronic Keyboard in 2019
There are many digital pianos available in the market. All the models differ from each other in a certain manner....
Best Z270 Motherboards 2019 – Reviews
Are you into gaming? You might then know how important it is to have a good motherboard for gaming computers....
Move Over SpaceX. Amazon is planning to launch Thousands of Internet Satellites Too
In April 2019, Amazon made its intention clear that it is going to enter the internet satellite business. Following the...
Malware hidden in WhatsApp affects 25 million android phones
According to cyber securities, around 25 million Android phones have been affected by a serious malware hidden in WhatsApp. The...
Fortnite leakers band together to sweat off spoiling the big event this weekend
In these days of rampant data mining, there are some things that still surprises us. Even Fornite’s seemingly endless parade...
VMware acquires ML acceleration start-up Bitfusion
Today, VMware announced that it has acquired Bitfusion which is a former participant in the Start-up Battlefield Competition. Bitfusion was...
Adam Neumann, CEO Of WeWork Has Reportedly Cashed Out Of Over $700 Million Ahead Of Its IPO
Adam Neumann, the chief executive, and co-founder of the international real estate co-working start-up WeWork has cashed out over $700...
Mobile2 months ago
Apple is going to shift to its new keyboard design in 2019/2020 MacBooks
Piano1 month ago
How to Find the Best Digital Piano – Best Digital Pianos & Electronic Keyboard in 2019
Reviews5 months ago
Best X99 Motherboards for Gaming 2019
Mobile2 months ago
Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ with a robot to insert them is revealed by Elon Musk
Internet3 months ago
Google maps will now be able to predict how crowded your train or bus will be
Mobile3 months ago
WhatsApp is testing for a new feature that shares your status with other apps
Gadgets2 months ago
Nintendo Brings New Switch Model With Better Battery Life
Technology3 months ago
Africa and Europe to be linked by Google’s next undersea internet cable