When it comes to building your own PC or upgrading your system, the most important things that you need to consider is the motherboard of your system. It is undoubtedly, the most important part that you need in order to run your PC. Choosing the right motherboard can be a difficult job, especially if you have no experience or knowledge about it. Non-techies may find it extremely difficult to make their own PC as they hardly know anything about the motherboard or any other part in that matter. The motherboard determines many other important components. This is one of the main reasons why choosing the right motherboard for your system is important. For example, the choice of the processor is dependent on the motherboard that you are using.
You need to be very particular when it comes to the selection of the right motherboard. It is not only one of the most important component but also very expensive. Therefore, you need to invest your money wisely so that you can make the most of your motherboard. If you are looking forward to buying the best motherboards for i7 CPUs, you are at the place. We have shortlisted 4 of the best motherboards that you can go for. Check our list of the best motherboards for i7 CPUs reviews below in order to get an idea about the boards that you can consider.
Buying Guide For Intel Core i7 CPUs
For a non-techie, buying the right motherboard can be an overwhelming task. There are so many things to know and consider when it comes to buying the right motherboard for your system. You may find it extremely difficult to choose the right motherboard if you are unaware of these important factors. To help you out, we have provided the guide to buying the best motherboard for your system. The guide can prove to be useful for both a non-techie as well as an experienced computer junky.
Here are some of the important things that you need to consider while buying the right motherboard for your computer:
Processor (CPU) Support:
A motherboard comes with a specific processor socket type. This basically determines the physical packaging of the Intel processor or AMD that you can install on it. Also, the chipset of the motherboard will determine the processor that can be used with it. Therefore, it is advised you to first decide the processor you want to use with your computer before, you buy the motherboard.
Motherboards are available in different sizes. Therefore, you can choose the size of the motherboard depending on the space available in your PC. For example, if you want to build a home theatre PC (HTPC) you can go for a smaller case. However, if you have a lot of space, you may want to make use of a full-size tower case. This is why you get motherboards of different sizes or form factors. All these factors not only define the size of the motherboard but also the various components that they can support. In simple words, the larger the size of the motherboard the more components it will support. However, you should keep in mind that not all cases are made equal. Therefore, you need to make sure that your case matches with your motherboard.
The chipset of the motherboard plays a big role in deciding the processor that can be used with your motherboard. In addition, it also decides the speed and the type of memory that can be installed. The size of the motherboard along with the number of memory slots also determines the total amount of memory you can install. Therefore, before you set out to buy the motherboard decide the amount of memory you need. Also check if your motherboard has the option of adding extra memory if needed.
Expansion Slots And Connectors:
The type and the number of connectors and expansion slots are essential for the things you would want to place in your desktop. You need to buy the motherboard depending on the type of peripherals you want to connect to your desktop. You can always get an expansion card in order to add some connectors.
By features, we mean the extras that you can add to your motherboard. These may include things that may not be required for operation however, they are still useful. It can include RAID or audio controller or onboard wireless. If you get a motherboard with more features, it shouldn’t be a problem for you as you can utilize them when needed. Also, you can turn off the unwanted features in the motherboard BIOS. You can also save a lot of money because of these features eliminates the need of buying additional expansion cards.
If you wish on overclocking your processor, you need to make sure that your motherboard will support it. For example, your chipset should be able to support the adjustments made in the CPU voltages and multipliers. Not all chipsets are capable of supporting such adjustments. Also, motherboards that provide you with solid capacities and improved power management can offer you with better stability.
So these are some of the important points that you need to look into while buying a motherboard for your desktop. Now that you are already familiar with the influencing factors, let’s move on to the list of the best motherboards for Intel Core i7 CPUs.
List Of Best Motherboards For Intel Core i7 CPUs
If you are looking forward to buying the best motherboards for Intel core i7CPUs, you can refer to the following list below. We have researched and listed the best products so that you can make the most of it.
#1 Asus ROG Maximus VIII Formula:
If you are looking for a high-end gaming motherboard loaded with features, you can surely consider going for the Asus ROG Maximus VIII Formula. This is one of the best motherboards for Intel Core i7 CPUs that is available in the market. Both the features and the design of the board are top-notch and the main selling point for the board. The board has been given a clean look which is liked by most of the users.
It has got a sleek black look with a bit of silver makes the board look aesthetically pleasing. The colors on the motherboard come from the 3 zone RGB illumination. This can be customized along the entire RGB spectrum. The board has got a total of 28 LED lights which are placed strategically on the board so that you can switch to any color according to your choice. All these LED lights can be customized and controlled by with the AURA lighting software by ROG. The board also comes with a RGB strip header. This eliminates the need of the RGB controller.
Other features of the board include the CrossChill EK cooling block. This extreme performance cooling block is integrated directly into the VRM heatsinks. This helps to keep the board cool with the help of a hybrid solution that makes use of air or liquid. The solution contacts the VRMs directly to make the cooling more effective.
After going through all the details of the board, it can be said that this is one of the best motherboards for Intel core i7 CPUs available out there. The board also has received a lot of positive reviews from the users. Also, you can easily set this motherboard which makes things all the more convenient for you. If you are looking for overclocking and cooling aspects then this is the motherboard you should go for.
- Built-in CrossChill water-block for liquid and air cooling
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Three-way RGB illumination
- Aura 4-pin RGB-strip header
- Quad SLI support
- 3-way CrossFire support
- Very expensive
#2 Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula:
The Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula is one of the best motherboards for Intel Core i7 CPUs that you can get out there. The board has been specially designed for the Intel’s 7th generation Kaby Lake processors and has been included in the latest series of ROG (Republic of Gamers) boards. This is basically the upgraded version of the Maximus VIII Formula which was one of the best-selling motherboards from Asus.
The upgraded version Maximus IX Formula comes with an aesthetically pleasing look and with a few improvements which make it better than it’s a predecessor. The main improvements that have been made include integrated rear I/O backplate and shield, dedicated motherboard headers meant for better water cooling support, 3D printing templates provided for advanced customization and a USB 3.1 header along with an M.2 slot.
The board is loaded with features which makes it one of the best motherboards for i7 CPUs. One of the most eye-catching features of the board is the CrossChill EK II water-block. This enables the machine to cool itself with air or water. Not just that, but it also comes with thinner fins which enhance quieter operation and heat dissipation. The board is also equipped with the ROG’s water cooling zone. With the help of this feature, you can keep a check on the different parts of your entire cooling system. In addition, the board also has dual water-temperature headers which allow you to keep a check on the water temperature that is circulating in and out of the system. With the use of the water flow tachometer, you can also monitor the rate of the flowing water in your system.
Another important feature of the board that makes it the best out there includes the AURA lighting control software. This provides you with full customization of the colors on the motherboard. The board is equipped with built-in RGB LEDs which have been placed strategically in the main parts of the board. It gives you nine different lighting schemes to choose from.
Considering the given features of the Maximus IX formula from Asus, it can be said that this is definitely one of the best motherboards for Intel core i7 CPUs available out there. However, this is also one of the most expensive motherboards. If you want to upgrade your system to turn it into a beast then you can consider going for this motherboard. It has got everything that you may be looking for. Also, if you are one of those techies who love to have everything latest on the market then this is the thing for you. Hopefully, our best motherboards for i7 CPUs reviews are helpful to you. Now that you know the details of the motherboard, you can decide better whether you want to buy this product or not.
- Improved water cooling system
- Top-tier application speeds
- Loaded with features
- Excellent gaming performance
- Aura Lighting Control
- CrossChill EK II water-block for liquid cooling and hybrid air
- Very expensive
- High power consumption
#3 MSI Z97 Gaming 5:
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard has been particularly designed to provide the gamers with the best of the features and technology. If you are a pro-gamer and looking forward to build a gaming PC for yourself, you can surely consider going for this motherboard. The first thing you will notice about the board is its eye-catching looks. The motherboard has been crafted to perfection to meet your every gaming need.
The board is loaded with features which makes it appealing to the users. Some of the main features of the motherboard include the Killer E2200 series NIC and the Audio Boost 2 along with the high-end Realtek ALC1150 codec. This clearly means that the board has an excellent audio system. Other features of the motherboard include gaming device ports and SLI and CrossFire compatibility. Well, that’s not all as the board also has other features to offer including the 10 GB/s M.2 slot which has been provided for the gamers demanding a faster loading time. This makes the board an ideal one for the gamers out there.
Considering all the features of the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard, it can be said that this is one of the best motherboard available out there. If you are satisfied with our best motherboards for i7 CPUs reviews then you will be able to decide better whether this motherboard is suitable for you or not. However, if you are looking forward to making a gaming PC you can surely go for this motherboard.
- Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 Ethernet port
- 2-way SLI support
- 3-way CrossFire support
- High-end Realtek ALC1150 sound chip
- No integrated Bluetooth
- No integrated Wi-Fi
#4 Gigabyte Z97X- Gaming 5:
If you are looking for a motherboard that is mainly meant for gaming then you should consider the Gigabyte Z97X- Gaming 5 motherboard. This is an excellent motherboard that has been designed for gamers. The board comes with great features which makes it even dearer to the users. The main eye-catching feature of the board is the one-click automatic overclocking system. This particular feature allows you to game more on your system. If you are a pro-level gamer, you should consider going for this board any day.
Coming to the other features of the board, one thing that will surely get your attention is the audio system of the board. The board has got an excellent audio system. The board is equipped with AMP-UP Audio technology along with Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 gaming audio. Not just that, but the board also comes with the high-end Realtek ALC1150 sound chip. All these features together contribute toward the greatness of the audio system of the board.
The board also makes use of the Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 Ethernet port which helps in reducing lag. In addition, it also helps in delivering the fastest networking speed and gaming traffic. This leads to a smoother and faster gaming experience. The board also comes with an M.2 connector, PCIe x16, SATA Express 10 Gb/s port and USB 3.0. All these features together make the Gigabyte Z97X- Gaming 5 one of its kind. If you are looking forward to upgrading your gaming PC or build a new one, you can surely consider going for this motherboard.
- 2-way SLI support
- 3-way CrossFire support
- High-end Realtek ALC1150 sound chip
- Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 Ethernet port
- No integrated Wi-Fi
- No integrated Bluetooth
So these four are the best motherboards for Intel Core i7 CPUs that you can currently get in the market. These motherboards may be expensive but the features provided by the each of them surely makes up for the high price. With the use of these motherboards, it is assured that you will never be disappointed. These motherboards are particularly designed to handle gaming. The boards are equipped with the most advanced technology to provide the users with the best. If you are looking forward to building a beast of a PC or completely upgrade your system into a new one, you can consider going for any of the mentioned motherboards in the list.
Best Z97 Motherboards for Intel’s Broadwell Processors 2019 – Reviews
Intel has released its Z97 platform in 2014. Later, a wide range of motherboards was available for the performance platform. Multiple CPUs such as Haswell, Haswell Refresh, Devil’s Canyon and Broadwell are compatible with this platform. Intel’s Z97 platform consists of different types of boards, and each board aims for a specific key segment.
For all those people who don’t know, Broadwell is mainly a codename for Intel’s fifth-generation CPUs. Broadwell is the successor of the Intel’s Haswell-based processors, and currently, there are only two Broadwell processors that are compatible with Desktops, namely Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C.
Broadwell Processors are only compatible with the Socket 1150 motherboards which consist of Intel’s Z97 and H97 Chipsets.
Recent Intel Broadwell based CPUs consist of the highly advanced onboard graphics engine ever, Iris Pro Graphics 9200 and all these chips are compatible with the dual DDR3 RAM.
There are different Z97 motherboards available in the market which are compatible with the Broadwell processors. Hence, you might face difficulty in selecting the best one. To resolve this, we will list the Best Z97 Motherboard Reviews. You can refer the list and purchase the motherboard as per your requirement.
Best Z97 Motherboards for Intel’s Broadwell Processors 2019 – Reviews
1. MSI Z97 Gaming 5
MSI is one of the most popular brands, whether we talk about the Video-cards, All-in-one PCs, or custom motherboards. This motherboard from MSI is best in terms of price as well as value.
Initially, the complete blank theme along with the striking red accents and a dragon logo on the heatsink makes it look incredible. The motherboard comes with a lot of amazing features that are suitable for an average gamer.
In MSI’s Z97 Gaming 5, heatsinks are present at the top and the left side of the CPU Socket, hence they are suitable for more overclocking and gaming potentials.
MSI consists of PCB with Military Class 4 Components, and the technology comes with Hi-C Cap, Super Ferrite Chokes and Dark Caps.
Hi-c CAP is little; however, it’s energy efficient (up to 93%) capacitor. Therefore, it falls under the list of Best Z97 motherboards.
Dark Caps are mainly used in the motherboards for a long time due to its 10-year lifespan, and it offers lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR).
Here, the Z97 Gaming 5 integrates a Guard-Pro combo features which play an essential role in terms of longevity and durability of the motherboard. Guard-Pro protects from different things such as Humidity, High Temperature, Electro Static Discharge, and Electromagnetic Interference.
Without further ado, here are some of the unique features:
- Atheros Killer LAN E2205:
It is a sharp, QoS Ethernet controller which instantly improves the Internet Connection. Also, it helps to provide the best latency and speeds up the performance of the gaming session over other network interferences.
- Audio Boost 2:
This technology provides great-quality audio experience instantly from the inbuilt ALC 1150 codec on the motherland. The Nichicon chips and audio circuitry, along with two 600ohm headphone amplifiers, are separated by a red LED path to stop bending which occurs due to electromagnetic signals from other components.
Here, the sound clip is isolated, and it acts as an add-on sound card for the processor, which directs to an optional direct audio power to provide excellent signal quality output.
- USB Audio Power:
In case your headphones have an inbuilt sound processing unit and connect through a USB port, then the MSI Gaming 5 provides a particular USB port on the backside which always throws out 5V current to match with your headphones power equipment. This also protects you from useless distortion, which occurs via standard USB port.
- SLI and CrossFire support in Three PCIe x16Slots
- Amazing Sound Quality with Cinema Blaster 2 and Audio Boost 2
- Four USB 3.0 ports and Four USB 2.0 ports are available in the back
- One USB 2.0 header and two USB 2.0 headers in the motherland
- Four PCIe1
- Six SATA 6Gb/s connections
- M.2 Connector slot supports 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length module at 10Gb/s for PCIe or 6 Gb/s for SATA
- It works properly with SteamOS
- Onboard LED reading
- VGA, DVI and HDMI, 2-way CrossFireX ready
2. Asrock Z97 Killer
Asrock Z97 Killer falls under our list of Asrock Best Z97 Motherboards. Asrock is built from good-quality Glass Fabric as the core material for the PCB (printed-circuit-board) including effective NextFET MOSFETs (ESD protection), superior quality Alloy Chokes, and 12K Platinum conductive polymer capacitors.
Here, all these parts are specially meant to enhance the durability of the motherboard; however, if you are looking forward to overclocking, then this will not be useful. Moreover, heatsinks are built from cheap quality material, and most probably helps in overclocking at a medium level.
Apart from these specs, the motherboard consists of 15μ Gold-coated contacts present in memory DIMM slots and PCIe slot including a high-density CPU power connector.
Here, Z97 Fatal1ty provides a wide range of goodies for your gaming life known as Gaming Armour.
Gaming Armour shields you from sudden voltage spikes from damaging your motherboard components. Apart from this, you should have one decent power supply for safety purposes.
Two of the most amazing features of the motherboard are:
- Atheros Killer LAN E2200:
It is a smart ethernet controller which provides improved online gaming. It works just like any other NIC, however, consists of an internal QoS algorithm. It enables the system to find out and allocate the bandwidth accordingly. Here, online gaming session to have low latency, excellent speed, and keeps less load on system resources.
- Purity Sound 2:
The technology is as per the Realtek ALC1150 codec present in the mid-range and premium motherboards, displaying 7.1 HD Channels, 115dB SNR and two NE5532 amplifiers.
- 8-Power Phase Design.
- One PCIe 3.0 x16 slot
- One PCIe x1 runs at x2
- One PCIe 2.0 x16 runs at x4 (x2, if the PCIe x1 stated above, is occupied)
- Two standard PCI slots
- Motherboard assists only Crossfire / Quad Crossfire.
- Six SATA III ports
- One SATA Express Port
- One M.2 Socket
- It consists of Two USB 2.0 and Four USB 3.0 on the back panel
- It consists of Two USB 2.0 headers and one USB 3.0 header on board
- One Thunderbolt header
- Fatal1ty USB Mouse Port
3. Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
The Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H is an average model that is meant for an informal enthusiast who is not concerned about overclocking, even though they don’t have any issue with overclocking features like DualBIOS switch and voltage read points. The board also consists of a power button with a two-digit debug display so that you can troubleshoot any of the issues.
The highly durable motherboard is built from the great-quality components like 15-micron gold sockets and 10k black capacitors. The design is new, which consist of mustard yellow color giving shine to metallic components and providing a clean and sleek look.
- Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201:
It is an intelligent, adaptive, Ethernet controller that utilizes SmartQoS, manual traffic prioritization to enhance your gaming experience. It also provides better audio, OC RAM Support, and LAN.
- UEFI DualBios:
The board consists of an extra BIOS ROM for backup purposes. In any case, you destroy the first one; you can flip a switch and start it over again.
- It consists of Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio Codec and rear audio amplifier
- Atheros Killer networking port that allows advanced interrupt handling
- 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 2x PCI Slots
- Multiple Graphics: Supports 3-way/2-way AMD crossfire and 2-way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- Supports 3 displays at the same time
- 1 x M.2 PCIe connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots
- 8 X USB 3.0 and 6 X USB 2.0 slots
4. Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
Gigabyte is one of the most popular firms when we talk about motherboards. With the help of strong marketing, Gigabyte is the only company which stands strong with Asustek.
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 falls under our list of Best Z97 Motherboards. Now, we can compare the Gigabyte Motherboard with Asrock and MSI Motherboards.
The key signature of the Gigabyte Motherboard is that they are Ultra Durable. According to the Manufacturer’s viewpoint, its a perfect mixture of high-quality components to provide high quality, energy efficient, solid performance system board and thermal management for overclocking with no compromises.
G1 AMP-UP Audio Technology:
The essential thing of these motherboards is that they highly focus on the quality of audio output as compared to other features. They consist of a dedicated, insulated portion on the PCB for sound hardware components.
For those users who don’t know AMP-UP is a capability to equip with various operational amplifiers other than the original one as an upgrade for good sound experience. But, as Gaming 3 is an entry-level motherboard, it doesn’t support Opamps.
Primarily, the maker utilizes great-quality 8-Channel HD ALC-1150 SNR 115dB processor, and 600ohm amplifier for the professional headset, in order to use Custom-AMP Technology. The entire audio system operates on the Sound Blaster X-Fi platform, one of the highly powerful engines made especially for gaming purposes; i.e., Scoutcode, 3DSurround, VoiceFX, and Creative ALchemy.
Moreover, Gigabyte separates the whole audio hardware zone from PCB layers using the LED trace path lightning. They can also move one-step ahead by differentiating analog and digital ground, the left and right audio channels on separate channels on different layers to protect the output signal from EMI fully.
- Atheros Killer E2201:
Killer E2201 is an intelligent, adaptive Ethernet controller which uses smart QoS, manual traffic prioritization to the great gaming experience.
For instance, if you are playing a game online, listening to Spotify and also at the same time downloading software, the chipset effectively uses the connection to provide the best latency in your game and also provides sufficient bandwidth to music and the software you are downloading.
UEFI DualBIOS: This motherboard includes an additional BIOS ROM for backup. Suppose you are not able to manage the situation on the first one, then you can flip it and start it from the beginning.
- 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots
- 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (runs at X4)
- 3x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot. All three are disabled if PCIe 2.0 x16 above is occupied
- 1x PCI Slot
- Supports 2-way or 3-way Crossfire or 2-way SLI
- 1x M.1 Socket
- 1x SATA Express port
- 6x SATA III ports
- Consists of 4x USB 3.0 ports and 4x 2.0 Ports on the back panel
- 1x USB 3.0 header and 2x USB 2.0 header
- 2x CPU fan headers
- 4x Memory slots are available
5. Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Motherboard
The Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 Motherboard falls under the list of Best Z97 Motherboards. Also, it is in the high-end category of Socket 1150 motherboards and several gamers who are serious about overclocking. Primarily, the two leading desktop Broadwell Processors, the Core i7-5775C and the Core i5-5675C, are both unlocked. Hence, they will be able to utilize various overclocking features via the motherboards BIOS.
This motherboard is not suitable for beginners, and if you are not looking for overclocking, then there are highly suitable and low-cost motherboards available in the market.
There are ample storage options available with ten SATA 6Gb/s ports, two M.2 ports, and two SATA Express ports. It consists of seven fan headers, which is enough. BIOS is straightforward to use and quick boot time is an added benefit.
- Purity Sound 2:
The technology is according to the Realtek ALC1150 codec available in the mid-range and superior motherboards, displaying 7.1 HD Channels, 115dB SNR and two NE5532 amplifiers.
- Supports Quad CrossFire and Quad SLI
- Consists of Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio Codec with Purity Sound 2 sound system for unbelievable sound
- Thunderbolt ready which supports maximum 6 Thunderbolt devices
- Two M.2 slots
- One SATA Express port
- Three PCIe x16 connections
- Ten SATA 6Gb/s ports
- Ten USB 3.0 and five USB 2.0 ports
We hope that you have checked Best Z97 Motherboard reviews and chosen the motherboard. If you like our list of Motherboards, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and followers.
Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards for Gaming 2019: Reviews & Comparison of Top 5
Are you looking forward to assembling a high-performance PC or a gaming PC, then you will require a good motherboard.
Your motherboard is the main part of the system to which all the other parts are connected. Most of the issues on your system can be identified by looking back into the motherboard, as it is an integral part of the system. This consists of a lack of overclocking performance.
Motherboards with Socket AM3+ are specially build for AMD’s Line of Bulldozer processors. Several CPUs which have piledriver architecture are compatible with the AM3+ socket motherboards.
Most of the Bulldozer processors are compatible with Socket AM3+ motherboards – FX-43xx (four thread processors), FX-63xx (six thread processors), and FX-83xx (eight thread processors). Please note that Piledriver A-Series processors are not compatible with the AM3+ motherboard, you will require a motherboard with FM2 for these CPUs.
In the last few years, various firms have started developing motherboards. Hence, you may find it challenging to decide which motherboard I should buy. To resolve your issue, here we will provide a list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Without much ado, let’s get started:
Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards for Gaming 2019: Reviews & Comparison of Top 5
1. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
ASUS is the first name that comes in my mind when I talk about the best AM3+ motherboards. The motherboard features high-quality design with a lot of overclocking features. Talking about the performance, it is available at an affordable price and also holds the majority of the world records as well.
It consists of Extreme Engine Digi+ II, which is a great combination of both analog and digital design elements. It allows accurate adjustments to build higher efficiency, stability, and performance for total system control. It also consists of SuperFX III, which provides a terrific gaming experience.
This motherboard has an excellent heat waste, which enables for stable overclocking of sometimes hot FX processors and prevents from any issues which can occur from other components.
If you are looking for a motherboard with standard overclocking performance, then don’t go for it. This motherboard can provide the best gaming performance for your gaming rig.
- Supports up to 32GB of DDR3 2400 (OC)
- Three PCIe 2.0 x 16 ports, 8 SATA Gb/s connections
- 8 USB 2.0 and 4 USB 3.0 slots
- Onboard video in Super FXII which makes sound card obsolete
- 3 Qay SLI/CrossFire X
- Supercharged LAN
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z is suitable for mid and high-end builds, which can benefit more performance adjustment. Lower-end builds can go with a standard board so that they can allocate the right amount to other components.
2. ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
If you are looking forward to any other Overclocking option, then you can opt for ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0. The quality of heat excess is the same as Formula-Z; the motherboard is suitable for anyone who doesn’t want to get modern features.
This motherboard falls in our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards. It has a pretty amazing overclocking potential. Also, the UEFI BIOS of the board is quick and simple to set up.
It features TUF Thermal Radar for real-time thermal detection with professional user mode for customized settings. It consists of TUF Capacitors, Chokes, and MOSFETS approved by the Military standard to provide exceptional durability. Lastly, it also features a DIGI+ power control system for both CPU and DRAM.
- Three PCIe 2.0×16, One PCIe 2.0×16, One PCIe 2.0×1 and lastly 1x PCI
- Six SATA 6Gb/s ports
- 4 DDR3 RAM slots which support up to 32GB RAM
- It supports Quad-GPU SLI and CrossFireX Technology
- It features Realtek ALC892 9-Channel HD Audio Codec
- It includes 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports in mid-board, 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports for the back panel
- It features 12 USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (Out of which 8 are in the back panel, and 4 are in the mid-board)
- It comes with AMD Cool n Quiet Technology
3. Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Gigabyte is one of the most popular brands when we talk about motherboards. It supports the latest AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II series, processors. It has a great 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for AMD high-TDP CPU Support.
It features three PCIe 2,0 connections for 2Way AMD CrossFireX and SLI multi-graphics support. AMD SB950 offers 6 native SATA 3 ports with very high 6GBps link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 support.
This motherboard supports USB 3.0 with awesome transfer speed up to 5 Gbps, and Gigabyte 3x USB Power along with On/Off Charge USB ports. It consists of highly durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled technology for lower working temperature. Turbo XHD allows you to speed up the performance of the hard drive.
The motherboard is developed with a technology that helps to save energy. It features patented Dual Bios with Hybrid EFI Technology which supports HDD up to 3TB. Lastly, it supports Dolby Home Theater Audio.
- Six SATA 6 Gb/s connectors which support up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices. Also, it has two eSATA 6Gb/s connectors on the back panel which supports 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- Four 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets that support up to 32GB RAM.
- Support for DDR3 2000 (O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Realtek ALC889 HD codec
- Expansion slots:
- Two PCI Express X 16 slots running at x16,
- One PCI Express X 4 slots running at x4,
- Two PCI Express X 1 slot,
- 1 PCI slot
- Multiple Graphics Technology
- NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technologies
4. MSI 970 Gaming
MSI is one of the most popular brands which has lately entered into the gaming industry; however, the firm has maintained its position. It falls under our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Talking about the design, the black and red theme of the board is awesome, and it suits well to the high-end hardware of rig. Apart from this, it has Shielded audio, including quality parts and full SLI and Crossfire, which benefits you in many ways.
The motherboard provides Audio Boost which is backed up by Nahimic Sound Technology. In this motherboard, Advanced Military Class 4 Components are used.
There are mainly two components, which include Super Ferrite Chokes and Solid Cap. Super Ferrite Chokes operates at 35 degree Celsius lower temperature, have a 30% more current capacity, and a 20% increase in power efficiency and overclocking power stability.
Using the aluminum core design, Solid Caps are specially designed for a high-end design motherboard. Solid Caps offers lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) and work simply for over 10 years.
The current UEFI BIOS system is fully rebuilt and consists of a lot of system builder’s options. Starting with M-Flash for simple BIOS flashing to highly advanced protection and security, Click BIOS provides you with all the tools to protect as well as enhance the system.
MSI motherboard includes a highly reliable gaming device port which offers the best connectivity for a high-end gaming mouse to fully use its speed.
Smart fan control allows you to control all the fans present on the motherboard. This feature is useful for gamers and overclockers as they will be able to track the status of the fans, set profiles, and record fan speed.
- Motherboard supports AMD FX/ Phenom II/ Athlon II/ Sempron II processors for AM3+ socket.
- The heatsink is purposefully oversized to offer the best thermal transfer and heat dissipation. Hence, you can play 24 hours per day.
- It features the Audio Boost 2 technology which provides the best quality audio experience directly from built-in ALC 1150 codec.
- It has 4x Memory in DDR3
- Two PCIe 2.0x 16 Slots, two PCIe 2.0×1 Slots, 2 PCI Slots
- Six SATA3 ports
- Four USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 headers), Fourteen USB 2.0 Ports (8 rear, 6 via headers)
- Killer Ethernet and Killer Gigabit LAN
5. ASUS M5A97 AM3+
If you are on a tight budget for your components, then you can go with the ASUS M5A97 AM3+. You get a quality board at such an affordable price and can allocate more money to the rest of the components.
In under $80, the motherboard provides all the features you need for an affordable PC build.
The motherboard includes an AMD 970/SB950 chipset and supports the newest AMD Socket AM3+ for 8-core processors. Using the latest socket AM3+, it offers ease of use of AM3 and AM3+, thus providing users to choose from current or previous AMD CPUs.
ASUS Exclusive Design features an EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit), which claims to offer high-quality performance for all the tasks, thus offering users excellent performance.
Network iControl allows users for real-time bandwidth allocation control to ensure sufficient bandwidth usage.
- 4x DIMM, DDR3 RAM, Max RAM Capacity of 32GB
- Six SATA 6Gb/s connectors which support RAID 0,1,5,10
- Remote GO- One Stop Solution for PC Remote Control and Home Entertainment
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel HD Audio CODEC
- UEFI BIOS, which provides simple and adjustable BIOS Interface
- Directkey to access the BIOS directly
- One PCIe 2.0×16 (blue), one PCIe 2.0×16 (x4 mode, black), two PCIe 2.0×1, two PCI
- USB 3.0 Boost which enables Quick USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
- It makes USB BIOS Flashback quick and easy due to hardware design
Which Motherboard will you require for your AMD Processor?
Compatibility: While assembling AMD Gaming PC, you will get the best return based on the amount you spent. AMD’s FX-Series allows you to achieve this. Initially, you must be looking for an AM3+ motherboard. All the above-listed motherboards are compatible with the FX series, and also Phenom II, Athlon II, and the Sempron 100 Series processors.
AMD APUs: One of the most amazing launches in the last few years by AMD is their APUs. APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit. Anyone who is on budget and wants to improve its performance can go with APUs.
AMD mainly needs to make sure that multiple generations of processors are compatible with motherboards, AMD’s Llano APU needs the socket FM1 motherboards. Trinity and Richland motherboards need the FM2 socket. Lately, the Kaveri series needs the FM2+ socket which is backwards compatible with Trinity and Richard.
How can I check whether the AMD AM3 processor is compatible with the motherboard or not?
Currently, if you possess an AM3 motherboard and planning to upgrade to something compatible with AMD’s latest Zambezi processors, then it is essential to check if your motherboard is compatible with AMD’s Bulldozer architecture Zambezi processors. Secondly, you have to check if the new motherboard is compatible with it or not.
To check whether your motherboard is compatible or not, go to the manufacturer’s AM3+ compatible webpage and enter necessary details and check it.
Here, we have provided Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards Reviews by considering a lot of different factors. You can purchase any of the motherboards from the list as per your requirement and budget. We hope that you like our list of Best Socket AM3+ Motherboards.
Lastly, don’t forget to share this list with your friends and followers.
Best FM2+ Motherboards for Gaming 2019
If you are absolutely new to the gaming world and are looking to assemble your unit for the best gaming experience, then you have landed at the right place. Choosing the right FM2+ motherboard for your gaming unit is not going to be an easy task and surely it is going to be stressful. There are more than 100’s of different types available with different price ranges, also the motherboard needs a perfect combination with the hard drive, graphics card and the CPU you have assembled up until now.
But the best part is when you have finally chosen the right motherboard for your unit, picking out other components becomes much easier from thereon since you have already undergone the difficult part of the work.
To make it even easier for you to pick the best one out, we have done a lot of research and testing on various kinds of chipsets and have shortened the list down to 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards available for you to grab on. Here are the reviews and the list of best of them:
Best FM2+ Motherboards Reviews
#1 Asus A88X-PRO:
A88X-Pro motherboards with FM2+ sockets provides complete optimization and boosts up the integrated graphics on all the APU’s. It is a budget-friendly chipset well within the financial limits making it easier for you to spend a considerable amount on the other parts as well.
- Dual Intelligent Processor with 4-way optimization: A88X Pro provides intelligent processing with its advanced 4-way optimization. It gives power control for the FM2+ processors, multi-scenario design for gaming, multimedia, and entertainment. It intends to provide greater performance, better efficiency, and system cooling.
- GPU Boost: It unlocks any GPU and increases the integrated graphics performance to more than 30%.
- 5X Protection: This Asus motherboard provides 5X protection and guards your PC, giving the best quality and powers up the APU on demand.
- New UEFI BIOS: It is well renowned from ASUS that provides user-friendly and smoother mouse-controlled graphical BIOS.
- Budget friendly
- Provides complete optimization
- No access to M2 drive slots currently
Apart from the disadvantages, it has proved to provide great performance and advanced processing with its 4-way optimization technology. You can definitely opt for it and still save a few bucks to assemble other units.
#2 MSI A88X-G45 Gaming:
MSI A88X-G45 is low-cost gaming oriented FM2+ Motherboard designed for all gaming enthusiasts. It comes at an affordable price and supports multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphics cards with superb gaming features.
- Multi-GPU gaming with AMD graphic cards.
- E2200 series NIC is implemented that serves a wide networking range provided by the chipset to the system. Apart from this, it has software that manages the priority of the program that needs better connectivity
USB 2.0 port that enhances the connectivity of devices to it.
- Enhanced Realtek ALC1150 audio with sound blaster licensing giving exclusive performance and clarity.
- Budget friendly
- Better power consumption than most A88X
- Below average CPU performance
To sum up, the MSI A88X-G45 motherboard is one of the Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming available since it is within the budget and clearly outcasts many other A88X motherboards available in the market.
#3 ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+
The FM2A88X Extreme6+ is a full-size FM2+ motherboard with A88X chipset for gamers. It comes at a cost of approx $240 available on Amazon India, which might be little too much for gaming enthusiasts.
- It supports socket FM2+ 95W and FM 100W processors
- Supports DDR3 2600+(OC)
- Integrated AMD Radeon R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU
- It has eight SATA 6 Gbps ports, 6 USB 3.0 ports, and support for up to 64GB DRAM
- High performance
- Powerful and efficient
- Below average CPU performance
This FM2+ motherboard gives that extra power to the system by the introduction of the 3.0 USB ports and amazing sound output with a high-end Realtek codec. It does come with an issue of overheating within hours of use but still, it has been awarded yet another Best FM2+ motherboards for gaming for all the amazing features it possesses.
#4 Asus A88XM-PLUS:
The A88XM-Plus manufactured by ASUS has been rated to be an excellent performer and its low price makes it even more enticing. According to the official company’s website, it consists of a micro ATX board which tells that they do not have the same expansion ports as that of a full-sized ATX board. It is yet another FM2+ motherboard that will fall under your budget with exciting features listed below.
- Performance Boost: The exclusive technology of GPU boost enables to unlock any APU for overclocking integrated graphics, increasing their performance by 30%.
- All round protection: The ASUS 5X protection provides all-around security that guards your PC against any unknown threats. The 5 x’s of protections are those of stable power control, overcurrent protection, high-quality solid caps, ESD guards and stainless steel back ICO.
- New UEFI BIOS: The newly advanced UEFI BIOS introduced by ASUS has made a benchmark in all of its manufactured motherboards. It is completely user-friendly and highly intuitive making it easier for you to browse through your desired BIOS pages.
- Fan Xpert 2: The newly introduced Fan Xpert 2 that features Fan auto tuning which helps in maintaining fans speed and creates the best balance between cooling performance and noise control.
- Complete USB 3.0 integration: The USB 3.0 ports are both on the front and rear panel. The speed is more than 10 times that of USB 2.0 port.
- Budget buy
- High performance and great speed
- Not same expansion ports as that of ATX board.
It is an excellent option to go for while choosing the best FM2+ motherboards for your gaming unit. It gives an excellent performance and just costs approx $63 making it perfect for your budget.
#5 Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X:
The G1 Sniper A88X motherboards have been designed solely for gamers. It has A88X chipset with the latest Kaveri Processor that was introduced during its launch and the FM2+ socket. It is a decent FM2+ ATX board that gives out high performance.
- FM2+ socket supports AMD FM2+ and FM2 series: These are based on FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A88X chipset features the newly introduced APU socket.
- Gigabyte AMP-UP audio: This feature has modified the audio that we hear by providing a much clearer and powerful audio output for PC gamers.
- AMD dual graphics technology: The graphics technology boosts up the 3D graphics performance by adding AMD Radeon graphics card to the system.
- Four DDR3 memory slots: The G1 Sniper A88X supports 64 GB of RAM with a max speed of 2400 MHz when overclocked.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology: It delivers advanced technological display providing huge desktop spaces. It also helps users to extend the OS display by giving triple monitor support.
- Technological advances with Eyefinity Technology
- Supports Ultra Durable 4 plus
- Little costly as compared to other A88X with same features
The motherboard costs around $89 which is a little too high as compared to other A88X available in the market. Also, there were only USB 3 ports available. But if you are looking to go some extra space on ATX motherboard you can surely opt for this mid-range product.
#6 MSI 7721-206R A68HM-E33 V2 Socket FM2+ Motherboard:
This FM2+ motherboard supports AMD socket FM2+/FM2 A series socket motherboard. It has been one of the most reviewed on Amazon by the users and since it has a low price, it is most preferred.
- FM2+ socket chipset: The 7721-206R socket supports AMD A68HM V2. It brings stability and boosts up the performance.
- Memory: It has 2x DDR3 2133(OC)/1866/1600/1333 DIMM slots, dual channel, non-ECC, with a max capacity of 32GB RAM storage.
- Graphics: It contains dual graphics to provide you with excellent picture quality and max resolution for your PC.
- USB ports: This FM2+ socket contains 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear side, 4 USB 2.0 ports on the front side, 2 USB 2.0 ports on the rear side giving it the high performance with maximum output to the devices connected to it on both the front and rear side.
- Audio: This motherboard supports Realtek ALC887 codec audio output system meant to provide amazing audio quality and gives amazing output for all the gamers.
- Budget friendly
- Maximum Audio Output and High performance
- Doesn’t support parallel process technology
The motherboard is available at a cost of approx $50 which is quite cheap and meets your budget or even lesser. You can definitely go for it as it has decent features and can go for a long run for all the gamers.
#7 ASUS ATX DDR3 2600 FM2 Motherboard CROSSBLADE RANGER:
The flagship product of ASUS, AMD FM2+ ATX gaming motherboard will help you not only boost up your gaming performance but also its amazing audio quality will make it even better. The Crossblade ranger has been known to be the best gaming networking motherboard with amazing features listed below:
- Networking: This is what we call as gaming networking took to another level. The Intel Gigabit Ethernet introduced to this motherboards provides lower processing power and great speed therein. The exclusive Game First 3 has been upgraded with more awesome features for gaming enthusiasts and stunning interface.
- Audio: The Supreme FX cutting edge technology minimizes the EMI and delivers the best audio with the dedicated sound card. Also, we have Sonic Radar 2 designed specifically for first-person shooters to provide superb clarity of sound with real-life experience.
- Interface: The Keybot technology makes your existing keyboard upgraded to the Keybot processor. It has assigned macro function keys and helps to launch any applications with just one click of the button.
Performance: The auto-tuning technology brings out the true power of the AMD socket. The Turbo V processing helps to adjust the frequencies of the CPU.
- UEFI BIOS: According to media reviews and reports, ASUS has been known to introduce the best UEFI BIOS with the smoothest mouse-controlled graphics. It has been made up to provide speed and increase efficiency. The EZ and the advanced modes help to browse through the pages easily and comfortably.
- Protection: The company has always been right on top with its all-round protection of the system. It tends to provide 20% greater temperature endurance and 5x longer life span of the system.
- Superb audio, performance, protection and power
- Costly as compared to other A88X motherboards
The overall cost of the Cross Blade Ranger would sum up to $150 which is a hefty amount to pay but with its amazing and stunning features if you might wish to put some extra bucks on to it to give it a go.
#8 Asus A68HM-K – DDR3 FM2+ Socket AMD Motherboard:
The A68HM-K chipset comes with the FM2+ socket motherboard. It has been manufactured by the world’s leading motherboard manufacturer and is the most affordable motherboards available over the internet. It has some great features that help it stand out among others chipset of similar category.
- Quality: The A68HM-K chipset has been market as the proven quality checked motherboard that is compatible with over 1000+ devices such as CPU’s, graphics cards, etc. Also, it is provided with 7000+ validation hours with testing to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Flawless Audio: Asus provides excellent audio quality when it comes to gaming and entertainment. It has audio shielding and special layout design to guard the quality of the sensitive audio.
- UEFI BIOS: The media acclaimed technology brought by ASUS has been a benchmark to all the motherboards manufactured. It is known for its smoothest mouse-controlled graphics and the fact that we can easily move through BIOS pages by the introduction of the EZ and advanced modes.
- Fan Xpert: The amazing technology of the Fan Xpert brings to you the ultimate cooling to the fan system and gives flexibility to the fan speeds maintaining a quiet environment.
- USB 3.0 Boost: The 3.0 boost technology increases the speed to 170% which is 10 times faster than the USB 2.0.
- Amazing audio quality
- Budget friendly
- Does not include 3.0 headers
The price of this motherboard is just approx $50 which is very cheap and perfectly fits your pocket and recommended as yet another one to be the Best FM2+ motherboards by gamers. If you want to buy a complete package with great performance and sound quality and the lower price you can definitely go for it and also if the headers port is not an issue.
The 8 Best FM2+ Motherboards Reviews are listed all above with all their features and price accordingly. It is quite easy now to choose from among them and make it out according to your budget and you are good to go.
Nintendo Brings New Switch Model With Better Battery Life
Nintendo, the Kyoto headquartered Japanese video game major, has announced the arrival of new Switch console “Switch Lite”. However, according...
Verizon Announces Nokia 2V Update, Brings Android 9 Pie
HMD Global partnered with Verizon to build the Nokia 2V for the US market in January this year. The latest...
Georgia Tech Announces Vibration Powered Ant-sized Micro Robots
A 3D-printed robot of roughly 2 mm in length almost of the size of the smallest ant is the latest...
Apple dropped another Automatic Mac Software Update to Address Further Zoom-Related issues
Apple vs. Zoom fight reached level two on July 16, when the Cupertino headquartered mobile giant issued a second silent...
Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ with a robot to insert them is revealed by Elon Musk
Brain-machine interface technology sounds crazy, isn’t it? What else you can expect when the name of Elon Musk is there...
Android Auto phone interface went for many on Android Q Beta 5
Android, the king of the mobile operating system with 76%, is consistently in innovative mode. As announced in May, Google...
Hellobike, the survivor of China’s bike-sharing craze, goes electric
Two years back, investors were pouring in money into China’s dockless bike-sharing start-ups. Now that craze has busted with derelict...
Mobile2 weeks ago
Apple is going to shift to its new keyboard design in 2019/2020 MacBooks
Internet3 weeks ago
Google maps will now be able to predict how crowded your train or bus will be
Mobile3 weeks ago
WhatsApp is testing for a new feature that shares your status with other apps
Internet2 weeks ago
Owners of OnePlus 7 Pro receives a bizarre spam notification during a failed internal test
Technology3 weeks ago
Africa and Europe to be linked by Google’s next undersea internet cable
Technology2 weeks ago
Google is planning to ready an AirDrop-Style competitor for fast file transfers
Reviews3 months ago
Best X99 Motherboards for Gaming 2019
Technology3 weeks ago
Aquafina water Pepsi is soon going to be available in aluminum cans