What seemed to be an as real-world photo of Google’s upcoming flagship phone Pixel 4 has now turned out to be a fan-made render? The picture was surfaced on Slashleaks.
However, it is a good thing as the design that we see in the picture is no way a stunner.
Right off the bat, you will notice that the bezel about the screen is thick and houses two front cameras. The bottom bezel or chin is a bit chunky too but not as much as the top.
The back of the Pixel 4 render shows a square bump for the camera and flash. This looks similar to what is expected to come with iPhone 11. However, it is still not clear how far this bump juts from the rest of the design.
You can also make out a volume rocker and power button on the right side of the mobile. In case, you have heard any rumors about a buttonless Pixel 4 would be bunk.
If you take a closer look at any other available premium phones such as OnePlus 7 Pro and its full-screen design it’s hard not to see this Pixel 4 render as dowdy. You may not have to deal with a pop-up camera or worry about breaking it over time.
Other smartphones like Xiaomi and Oppo are moving ahead with bezel-free phones which can hide the front camera under the display.
“That’s more of an elegant way of ditching the notch or forehead.”
Samsung is also known to work on something similar. However, it is not expected to be launched in time for the Galaxy Note 10.
With all honesty, this render is not at all impressive. We can only hope that what we see in the picture is all bunk and the original Pixel 4 is much better than this. But all we can do is wait and hope that the real phone turns out to better.
Best WOW! Compatible Modems & Routers Approved By WOW – 2020
WOW! Brings affordable modems and routers with high-speed 1 Gig internet services to avail unlimited Wi-Fi streaming, gaming online TV and much more. One of the first cable operators to deploy DOCSIS 3.1 to more than 95% of their footprint, WOW! provides fast and reliable Internet service to customers across several US states, making it the sixth-largest cable operator in the United States. Customers can experience powerful WiFi in every corner of their home with assured money-back guarantee within 30-days.
One can readily choose a model from a WOW approved modem or WOW approved routers list from the internet. Enjoy online games or binge-watch your favourite TV shows by using any device as per the needs of your family’s needs with a WOW! plan.
A model’s selection should be taken into consideration through the following points:
- House size
- Brick, plaster and metal roofs affect Wi-Fi signals
- Wireless signals interference issues due to population density
For helping to make a much better choice, here is a review of ten best routers/modems for WOW! Plans.
Top 9 Best Modems for WOW!
1. TP-Link TC-W7960 Wireless WiFi Cable Modem
- Eliminate Your Cable Modem Monthly Rental Fee
- Item is Cable Modem Router and great with Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- Game, stream, and download at Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps
- Up to 343Mbps download and 143Mbps upload speeds (based on cable provider’s service)
This 2-in-1 device works as both a cable modem and a router using DOCSIS 3.0 technology for faster overall internet speed with a strong home Wi-Fi network. The TC-W7960 is compatible with major cable ISPs, including Spectrum, Comcast XFINITY, Cox, and many others. Its Parental Controls help to manage when and how devices can access the Internet and its Guest Network feature provides visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from the main network.
It uses N300 Wi-Fi to connect to more devices at the same time while keeping all connections running smoothly. A USB port makes it easy to connect an external drive to the router for sharing files and media across the home network. The four Gigabit Ethernet ports help create fast, reliable connections with wired devices. Its 8×4 channel bonding keeps connections reliable for online gaming, online HD video streaming, and downloading without slowing down network speed. One can easily follow simple setup instructions online or call to get installation help.
2. Arris Surfboard SB6121 Cable Modem
- Compatible with Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more
- Not compatible with Verizon FiOS or AT&T U-verse, no longer approved by Comcast Xfinity
- Requires Cable Iternet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm
- BROWN BOX models NOT VALID for this item when sold as New, should report to Amazon immediately and RETURN to Seller
- Wired modem only, does NOT include WIFI Router or VOIP Telephone adapter. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or Router for fast downloads.
It is a cable-based—modem for delivering innovative and ultra-broadband data services to the home network. It has all popular ISPs compatibility like Cablevision, Charter, Time Warner Cable, cox and many more. Internet speed to download is 172 Mbps and 131 Mbps for uploading and easily streaming with flawless enjoyment. Streaming HD video, live online cyber games, and sports watching become more relishing with comfortable non-stop downloading and watching.
It offers 4 Download and uploading channels for high value and high rates of rates. It is cross-compatible with UNIX OS like Windows and Macintosh, etc. It is certified for meeting the standards of DOCSIS 3.0 version. It also offers backward compatibility to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0. It has a 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45) port and provides supports to IPv4 and IPv6, internet address systems. The front-panel operational status LEDs are intuitive and easy to read. Most modern web browsers are compatible with it. For enhanced net security encryption, it has AES traffic support.
3. Arris Surfboard Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Approved on Affinity, spectrum (Charter, time Warner, bright house networks), Cox, Mediacom, Sudden Link and most other us Cable internet Providers. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T or CenturyLink. Requires internet service.
- 8 DOWNLOAD channels and 4 UPLOAD channels capable of up to 343 Mbps download and 131 UPLOAD speeds. Recommended for Internet plans up to 100 Mbps.
- 802. 11AC Wi-Fi router provides speeds up to 1600 Mbps. Dual-band Concurrent 2. 4GHz and 5GHz (backwards compatible with 802. 11B/g/n). supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
- 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router enables flexible, high-speed wired connectivity. Embedded firewall & parental control protection
- 2 year with us based customer service.
A cable modem, a dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi access point, and a router are bundled together into a single device to save space and cluttered wires. Popular ISPs like Affinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, and Brighthouse Networks), Cox, Mediacom, Sudden link and most others approve it. It helps one to harness the power of the internet for gaming and video streaming and take control of the home network for the best customer experience. This device carries a two-year warranty with US-based customer service.
DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet router combo offers a lightning-fast internet with download speeds up to 343 Mbps while saving money on the equipment rentals. Its 8 download & 4 upload channels, 802.11ac, 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band Concurrent Wi-Fi with beamforming offers maximum coverage and performance with speeds up to 1600 Mbps. It supports IPv4 and IPv6, the latest Internet address standards.
4. Arris Surfboard SBG7580AC Cable Modem
- 3 products in 1: 32x8 Cable Modem, AC1750 Dual band Wi-Fi Router, 4 Port Gigabit Router
- Compatible with major US cable providers such as XFINITY, Cox, Charter. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem: 32 DOWNLOAD & 8 UPLOAD channels to maximize your Cable ISP service offerings. APPROVED for plans of 300 Mbps and above. Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard
- Router: AC1750 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band Concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Wi-Fi beamforming – max coverage and performance
- 2 Year Warranty. US Technical Support. Retail Packages may vary from pic shown
It’s the first Gigabit+, most powerful Wi-Fi modem in the SURFboard lineup. All major US ISPs such as Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter, and others place their trust in this device. It is a combination of a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, dual-band concurrent 802.11ac Wi-Fi access point and 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet router to power high-bandwidth home network applications. It’s no buffering, no dead spots lag-free network speed and reliability is perfect for hardcore gamers and streamers.
It supports both the latest Internet address standard called IPv4 and IPv6. Its 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band Concurrent Wi-Fi with beamforming provides maximum coverage and performance with Wi-Fi speeds up to 1750 Mbps. The 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels offer download speeds up to 1.4 Gbps and upload speeds up to 343Mbps The product carries a 2 Year Warranty and US technical support.
5. ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC
- 3 products in 1: 16x4 Cable Modem, AC1900 WiFi Router and Gigabit 4 port Wired Router
- Ceritified on Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Mediacom and many other US Cable Internet Providers. Requires Internet Service.
- Cable Modem is 16 Download and 4 Upload Bonded Channels with Internet Download speeds up 686 Mbps based on your Internet Service Plan. Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps.
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Providers and supports IPv4 and IPv6-the latest Internet standard. Wi-Fi beamforming – max coverage and performance
- 2 year warranty with US based customer service. Refer to the Quick Start Guide and Installation video.Router is AC1900 dual band WiFi with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Great for streaming HD Videos and gaming.
Today’s most advanced modem cum router available from ARRIS that supports both the latest Internet address standards called IPv4 and IPv6 to equip home network for enhanced internet experience. Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Mediacom and many other US Cable ISPs. It is an all-in-one, best-in-class device backed by a 2 Year Warranty and US technical support.
Its16 download and 4 upload channels with Channel Bonding Wi-Fi beamforming technology give widest coverage and performance. Being equipped with DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, gives internet download speeds up to 686 Mbps. It has 802. 11AC 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi dual-band router with 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet ports for Wi-Fi and also wired connectivity for streaming HD videos and best online gaming thrills.
6. ZyXEL Cable Modem CDA30360
- Compatible with Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications
- DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.1/2.0/3.0 compliant
- 8x4 channel bonding
- Full-featured, high bandwidth, compact economical cable modem
- Compatible with Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications
Compatible with Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications, this sleek, attractive new design series concept by ZyXEL brings the speed and reliability of broadband internet directly to a home or small office. The setup and deployment are done by the end-user quickly and easily in a straightforward way. Once installed, the in-built TFT client spontaneously receives the IP address including configuration data coming from the network server without any sort of intervention when used by the user. It has a browser-based utility, which permits easy viewing, to monitor it, and manage the key network statistics.
Its eight bonded downstream channels with DOCSIS 3.0 power, deliver ultra-fast download speeds of 400Mbps that is 8x works much faster than a traditional modem, which is single-channel DOCSIS 2.0 cable. The integrated Gigabit Ethernet port enables easy seamless, instantaneous home networking. It has four modes for provisioning, i.e., IPv4 only and IPv6 only. It also has Alternate Provisioning Mode (APM) and Dual-stack Provisioning Mode (DPM).
7. SMC Networks D3CM1604
- 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels allows for blazing speeds!
- Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem equipped with a 16x4 bonding capable of speeds in excess of 640 Mbps downstream and 120 Mbps upstream.
- CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 certified
The modem is known for effortless plug-and-play installation and is approved for Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Spectrum and other leading ISPs. It offers 640Mbps downstream speeds of and 120Mbps upstream for streaming HD videos, high-speed online gaming and faster online tele-viewing. It has excellent prevention from hacking to avail the facility of Stateful Packet Inspection. Client privileges for denial of service (DoS) attack prevention and advanced SPI firewall for network security.
It is DOCSIS3.0 CableLabs compliant with high-speed data 20 channels of 16 downstream and 4 upstream. It’s one 10/100/1000 Mbps Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45) port with auto-sensing and LAN port with auto-MDI/MDIX offer connected device flexibility. It has several advanced techs and features Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for dynamic IP configuration. Also, it has a Domain Name System (DNS) for domain name mapping and NAT for Network Address Translation. Front panel LEDs forms an integral part with intuitive GUI configuration for checking network status and performing troubleshooting.
8. NETGEAR CM1000
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2x2+ DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 channel bonding
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
CM1000 supports all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service and has compatibility with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and host of other ISPs. It has the most advanced DOCSIS 3.1 compliance for up to 10 times faster download speeds than usual DOCSIS 3.0 only standard modems. Its high number of 32 downstream/ 8 upstream channels and DOCSIS 3.0 with channel bonding enables more channels to beat data congestion during peak hours for internet super speeds. This makes it ideal for streaming 4K/HD video streaming, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
Genie App Management helps run and manage the network on a smartphone with parental control facilities to protect kids from accessing inappropriate sites. It has excellent security features to guard against information leaks and security breaches. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2×2 with 1.6GHz CPU and USB/Gigabit Ethernet ports for media sharing, access/storage and to connect a gaming console or PC. The device offers cross-browser support for all modern browsers.
9. ARRIS Surfboard SB8200
- Comcast Xfinity and Cox Cable APPROVED! Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner and Brighthouse) and others pending approval.
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services. No Telephone Port
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). Compatible with major U.S cable providers. Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet browsing standards
- DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the newest technology being offered by Cable Internet Providers. Backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0.
- 32 DOWNLOAD and 8 UPLOAD Channels. BEST for 300 Mbps Internet plans and above! Perfect for streaming 4K HD video and online gaming.Up to 10+ Gbps DOCSIS 3.1 Download Speeds
Certified for latest DOCSIS 3.1, SB8200 has been approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox Cable Spectrums of Charter, Brighthouse and Time Warner and many others. It contains unprecedented Gigabit plus rates for the data, with 10+ Gbps speed design to suit for plans, which are more than 300 Mbps of network speed. It comes with an easy installation along with colour-coded rear panel and customer contact and support. It supports both the latest Internet address standards called IPv4 and IPv6.
It contains dual ports of Gigabit Ethernet along with Auto Negotiate and Auto MDIX. They are bundled with its help for forming the dual network connection with gigabit speeds containing boast of 2×2 OFDM/ OFDMA DOCSIS 3.1 channels with Multi-Processor Technology with ARM-based Application Processor. Its SCQAM DOCSIS 3.0 interfaced 32 Download and 8 upload channels offer the best uploading/downloading experience with cable internet. It has a unique analyzer of spectrum US and DS. Its PNM is based on monitoring the network connection.
Also Check: Best Cox Compatible Routers and Modems
Top 10 Best WOW! Compatible Routers:
1. NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more; Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Three in one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEAR Genie App Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to manage your network from anywhere
- Note check your cable internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility. Ieee 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
For fast downloading, HD streaming and Internet gaming, the user needs a medium-sized home, this router is ideal. All the major cable network service providers like Comcast Xfinity from, Spectrum, CableONE, Cox and others approve its usage for their services. It provides a USB port for accessing wireless connection and transfer the USB hard drives.
It has DOCSIS 3.0 offering up to eight times faster download speeds than other DOCSIS 2.0 routers/modems.There is the highest level of wireless security with double firewall protection using SPI and NAT firewall and WPA/WPA2, parental controls along with separate secure access for guests. It’s easy installation specification assists in setting-up to your computers, tablets, iPad and smartphones with the facility of personalizing a dashboard, which monitors, controls and recovers your network speed.
A highly specialized Netgear Genie App bundled with it helps in content filtering from anywhere. It contains firewall protection as a feature of security to your device.
2. NETGEAR N450-100NAS
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- Two-in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and N450 (2.4GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding. Use with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
It is a Cable modem plus N450 WiFi router for faster internet to cater to medium to large homes’ needs of enjoying bounties like e-mailing, chats, surfing, music, and video streaming. With the support of DOCSIS 3.0, it provides more than 8 X high-speed and faster internet connection comparing DOCSIS 2.0. The four built-in ports for Gigabit Ethernet, which make it an excellent router cum cable modem for online gaming and streaming of HD- Videos. It has 2 USB 2.0 ports to wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via USB port harnessing. 8×4 channel bonding offers download speeds of approx. 340 Mbps, while excellent range and coverage of N450 Wi-Fi leave no internet blank spots in the house.
It is compatible with all major U.S. cable ISPs like Cablevision, Charter, Cox, Warner Cable, Xfinity, Time and many others. You don’t need to worry while switching ISPs. The XFINITY customers easily get connected even without making any service calls due to its fast self-activation feature. It offers Push ‘N’ Connect for easy push-button Wi-Fi connections (WPS) and convenient power savings.
3. ARRIS Surfboard SBG6400
- Approved on Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Cox, Mediacom, Suddenlink and most other US Cable Internet Providers. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T or Centurylink. REQUIRES Internet Service.
- Two-in-one 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router
- 8 Download Channels and 4 Upload Channels capable of up to 343 Mbps download and 131 upload speeds. Recommended for Internet Plans up to 100 Mbps.
- Wi-Fi Router is very basic 2.4 GHz only N300, not suitable for congested population areas. Can easily be disabled to use as a modem only and ADD a better WiFi Router if needed. 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and USB 2.0 port.
- 2 year warranty with US based customer service.
It provides the experience of matchless lightning-fast internet with a claim from Comcast Xfinity, Spectrums like Time Warner, Charter and Brighthouse Networks. Others are Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and many others. It has 3 products bundled in one, with a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. It contains combined Wi-Fi Access Point and Router. The user could disable it very to perform other functions and for using it like modem only. It has a Beamforming technology, which provides high per cent of performance and Wi-Fi coverage. The product comes with a 2-year warranty, along with the availability of US-based customer services.
This DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem assures 343 Mbps downloading speed while 12 channels, out of which, 8 downloading & 4 uploading channels are there. It has 2 ports of Gigabit Ethernet and 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band concurrent make it a darling of all connected devices. With 802.11ac one can seamlessly enjoy W-Fi speeds up to 1600 Mbps. It is future-ready with the latest IP address system support for IPv4 and IPv6.
4. NETGEAR Orbi RBK50
- NO MORE DEAD ZONES: Whole home mesh WiFi coverage of up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices. Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name. Extend coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. with additional satellites.(sold separately).
- TRI-BAND BACKHAUL: A dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi router and extender (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet provider including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL, and more.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT & FAST WIRELESS SPEED: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and AC3000 WiFi powers up to 3Gbps of streaming HD video, gaming, or Internet surfing and downloads.
- PARENTAL CONTROLS: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access and more for $4.99/month. (1st month free trial)
No more WiFi boosters or extenders are necessary with Orbi WiFi Router and Satellite to enjoy the best WiFi from the basement to the backyard with up to 5,000 square feet coverage. Orbi’s single WiFi network/name for whole-home provides seamless indoor/outdoor and room-to-room connectivity to every inch with a strong uninterrupted WiFi signal. Tri-Band Technology with an additional dedicated third band frees up the other two bands for maximum lag-free online speed to up to 25 multiple network connections/devices at the same time.
Almost all of the current ISPs including cable, satellite, fibre, DSL, and others authorize and recommend it. Set it up in minutes using the Orbi app or any web browser with the new Amazon Echo Alexa skill and an intuitive preconfigured system. Guests/visitors can also enjoy a network with guest Wi-Fi access with no information leaks, security breaches, viruses/worms or malware. It offers parental controls to pause the Internet, set time schedules and filter content. Mesh technology, MU-MIMO, smart Connect and beamforming technologies are other pluses. It supports WPA2 wireless security protocols, firewalls, VPN, etc.
5. Google NLS-1304-25
- A new type of connected system for seamless WiFi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible with major internet service providers including Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios
- A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 square feet Wifi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what’s connected, prioritize devices, and pause the WiFi on kids devices.Family controls allow you to pause the WiFi on kids devices, like during
It is a new type of connected system to replace the current router/modem to get attic to basement connectivity with a fast signal in every room, on every device. It’s compatible with major ISPs including Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios. Its advanced software Network Assist works in the background to select the clearest channel and fastest band for all devices helping eliminate dead zones and buffering.
Through a simple companion app, share password with guests, prioritize network devices, see what’s connected and more. Using it, pause the WiFi on kids’ devices during bedtime or dinnertime. It has the best technical features like AC1200 2×2 Wave, expandable mesh Wi-Fi with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports/point, 2.4GHz / 5GHz dual-band simultaneous Wifi and IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support. A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, so one can add more Wifi points that work in tandem for any additional coverage needed.
6. TP-Link AC1200 Archer C50
- Upgrade to AC WiFi with speeds up to 1200 Mbps (N300+AC900)
- Fast Ethernet ports, ideal for homes with up to 100 Mbps internet plans
- Stream in 4K on multiple devices while reducing buffering
- Supports Amazon Alexa (router cannot be voice-controlled by Alexa) and works with all WiFi devices, AC and older
- TP-Link Tether app - Easily set up and manage your home network
All existing and future 802.11a/b/g/n smart devices are compatible with it. Allocate them to Archer for 3x speeds with two external antennas, providing stable wireless connections all across the home with a reliable signal without disruptive interference. It provides guest/visitors network facilities for Wifi access and parental control to set time limits. Set it up easily through a web browser or mobile device and quickly connect devices to WiFi with the WPS setup. While away from home one can access connected devices with free TP-Link DDNS Service/ TP-Link Tether app.
Wi-Fi internet with dual 5GHz (867Mbps) and 2.4GHz (300Mbps) bands allows more devices to be connected at once with stronger connectivity with less lagging, loading and buffering. Four fast Ethernet ports provide, reliable wired connectivity and USB port for sharing content across the network by connecting devices, external drives directly. Its single-core processor intelligently manages each Wi-Fi band, every connection, and the router’s hardware/ software to balance the demands for fast and uninterrupted connections.
7. ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Call internet service provider if not listed here. Requires Cable Internet Service and approved for plans up to 100 Mbps. Wifi will not work on certain ISP providers
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router
- Docsis 3.0 Modem with 8 DOWNLOAD and 4 UPLOAD Channels capable of 343 Mbps download and 131 Mbps.
- 8X Faster than DOCSIS 2.0. Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard. 802.11n Wi-Fi. 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router
This innovative device packs three products in one powerful punch for a high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi experience. A DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router are all together for download speeds up to 343 Mbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 300 Mbps/band. It’s an affordable, worry-free network solution with built-in security for existing resources’ potential maximizing clubbed with next-generation high-bandwidth services. All major ISPs like Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, Brighthouse, and many others approve it.
It offers ultra-broadband data, multimedia services, high-bandwidth home networking, and seamless mobility with an advanced firewall. Its custom network suits all users like home/home office, or small business to share a single connection for files, and networked peripherals. It has a 2.4/5.0 GHz dual-band switchable frequency range of DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 108 to 1002 MHz (edge to edge). It offers a future-ready IPv4 and IPv6 Internet address protocol support.
8. NETGEAR C6300-100NAS AC1750
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router+ 4 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1750 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
It is a cable modem with a dual-band AC1750 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi wireless router. Ideal for high speed online gaming, faster downloads and watching HD videos with the compatibility to Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, Cablevision, CableONE, and others. This modem has high-powered radio amplifiers for boosting wireless signals and Channel bonding technology delivering fast networking 680 Mbps speed. Its Push ‘N’ Connect handy push-button for WiFi connections and 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology make it all device ready. Full security is offered by its double firewall protection SPI and NAT firewall and DoS attack prevention along with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2—PSK)
It’s a virtual computer with 600MHz Intel Puma 6 processor,128 MB flash memory and 256 MB RAM. WiFi 3×3 (Tx/Rx) for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for up to 1300 Mbps wireless speeds achieved when connecting to other 802.11ac 1300 Mbps devices. It has next-generation IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.0 compatibility.
9. NETGEAR C6250-100NAS AC1600
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1600 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App +Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
This device has ISP compatibility with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE and others. It is a three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem plus Dual-Band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi Router and 2 Gigabit wired switch with auto-sensing technology for up to 680 Mbps speeds. It is an ideal product for streaming 4K/HD video streaming, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming. DOCSIS 3.0 and 16×4 channel bonding to enable more channels to beat data congestion during peak hours unleashing 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0. USB ports for media sharing, access/storage, and stream media via WiFi to connect a gaming console or PC via Gigabit Ethernet.
Genie App Management to run and manage network WiFi settings on a smartphone with parental controls facility to protect kids from accessing inappropriate sites. Guests/visitors can also enjoy a network with guest Wi-Fi access with no information leaks, security breaches, viruses/worms or malware. The device offers cross-browser support for all modern browsers.
10. NETGEAR C7000
Fastest available AC1900 cable modem router to get top combined WiFi speed of up to 1.9Gbps with 2-in-1 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and WiFi router. Ideal for fastest Internet cable services like Comcast XFINITY Blast/Extreme and Spectrum data plans. It has the industry’s first 24×8 channel bonding for the fastest, up to 960Mbps download speeds even during peak hours. It has a powerful1.6GHz combined processor to boost wireless, wired, and WAN-to-LAN for streaming and gaming.
Built-in high-speed DOCSIS3.0 having 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels to offer maximum internet traffic space.AC1900 with simultaneous dual-band (600 Mbps @2.4GHz with 256 QAM support +1300 Mbps @5GHz 11ac) with 3×3 transmitters/receivers for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. Its special Beamforming+ technology offers more reliable connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
The user having cable internet wants the best modem for WOW! service that it uses for home or in his small office with a smooth network. An overdose of excess technical information makes data information even much more complex. For a layman differentiating WOW! compatible modems from WOW! compatible routers is another roadblock. This article was precisely written with the aim to help with such problems by listing WOW! approved routers and WOW! approved modems and their specialties. One can make an informed choice after going through it. There can be no declared winners as every listed product had its forte to suit specific needs. The customer is the best judge to make a final decision by matching needs with offered facilities.
Best Optimum Compatible Modems and Routers (2020) Approved By Optimum
Optimum or Altice USA is a high-speed internet service and Cable TV provider in the USA in the areas around New York City and 16 other US states. Optimum is the fifth-largest cable provider and ninth-largest television provider with a large customer base. It also provides fiber optic internet services under the Optimum Online brand name. For its registered Internet service subscribers, Optimum Online provides a leased modem and a free router along with internet services.
All Optimum cable internet subscribers need to buy their Optimum compatible modem. Optimum has a monthly $9.95 rental for a router from them. Instead of paying the monthly rental fee for a generic modem, you can invest the same money to purchase a modem that meets your specific requirements.
Before we go-ahead to the top 10 modems that work with optimum, let us discuss the advantages of making your purchase.
Faster internet speeds: Personal modems will get you the maximum speeds for your cable internet plan without overpaying for internet speeds you do not need.
Cost-effective purchase: Optimum has a monthly rental charge for $9.95 for a router from them. It adds up to $119.40 a year for a leased modem. You can easily invest this same amount towards a modem that is more relevant to your needs.
Better network coverage: You can purchase your modem and router set up that will cover your entire living space and support the number of devices that you need to connect.
If you are looking to purchase an optimum compatible router or optimum compatible modem then you’re at the right place.
Top 5 Best Optimum Compatible Modems:
We discussed Optimum compatible routers in the section above. Now we will go through the best Optimum compatible modems.
1. Arris Touchstone TM1602A Modem
The Arris Touchstone TM1602A DOCSIS 3.0 modem is a 16×4 Telephony Modem compatible with Optimum, which can be upgraded. The E-MTA or the 16×4 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor TM1602 delivers two lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP), ultra-high-speed data access.
This Arris modem provides both high and performance to home as well as business networks that can be achieved on a 24×8 bonded channel cable environment. It can be upgraded for advanced users. The TM1602 can support the subscriber data services at speeds as high as 960Mbps. It works well with both high-tier as well as low-tier speeds. This modem has been approved by all leading cable operators.
2. Surfboard Motorola SBV6220 Digital Voice Modem
The Surfboard Motorola SBV6220 is one of the most advanced DOCSIS 3.0 modems by Motorola, with 4×4 bonded channels. It can easily support data rates of up to 160 Mbps. It is fully compatible with Optimum services and provides high upload and download speeds. It can also support advanced channel bonding, IPv6 protocol, and Advanced Encryption services in the communication channels.
The Surfboard Motorola SBV6220 is a digital modem with a 64MB RAM and 16MB Flash memory. This voice modem has two optional VOIP telephone ports for Voice over IP. Connect it with a Wi-Fi router for a greater digital experience and for using it over the home network. Hence it’s one of the best optimum compatible modems.
3. Arris TM822 (TM822A Series) Touchstone Docsis 3.0 Modem
The Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 is an 8×4 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (EMTA) TM822 modem by Arris. It delivers two lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP), ultra-high-speed data access. The modem provides the speed and performance found only in the 8×4 bonded channel cable to the home or business users.
This modem TM822 by Arris enables cable operators to offer data services at speeds greater than 300Mbps to their subscribers. It is compatible with older DOCSIS versions 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 and supports IPv4 and IPv6 modes of channel communication. The channel throughput is also enhanced by using this Arris Touchstone modem.
4. Arris Touchstone TM804G Telephone Modem
The Arris touchstone TM804G is another modem from Arris that is suitable for business purposes. It is compatible with the Optimum network parameters with its DOCSIS 3.0 support. The Touchstone is another advanced 8×4 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (EMTA) TM822 modem by Arris.
It delivers 4 lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP), to access data at ultra-high-speeds. It has battery back-ups to provide telephone services even during a power outage. It enables cable operators to offer data services at speeds greater than 300Mbps to their subscribers. The modem is easy to set up and will allow you to save the monthly rental fees from Optimum by its equivalent but robust network connectivity.
5. Cisco DPQ3212 Cable Modem
The Cisco DPQ3212-2600 modem supports DOCSIS 3.0 and is a cable modem with a digital voice adapter. It has Gigabit Ethernet ports to support wired connectivity and USB devices as well.
The family of digital voice port adapters from Cisco is an integrated solution that offers up to 120-channels of compressed voice over 1 or 2 universal ports.
It enables cable operators to offer data services at speeds greater than 340 Mbps to their subscribers. You can simply connect your analog devices, power, and the internet to the adapter to experience the power of VoIP services. You can buy this modem to replace your rental modem from Optimum It also has a backup battery so your voice service works with no power also.
Top 10 Best Optimum Compatible Routers:
1. ASUS RT-N12 N300 Wi-Fi Router
The Asus RT-N12 D1 Wireless-N300 router provides reliable and fast speeds on both wired and wireless network connections. It has an enhanced signal range because of Asus’s Advanced High-Power technology, which can operate at 2.4 GHz frequencies. This is multiple 3-in-1 routers with instantly switchable Router, Repeater, and Access points (AP) modes. This router has two detachable 5dBi antennas to provide powerful and wider network coverage. The router can support throughput up to 300Mbps with powerful online multitasking.
This router provides a 3-Step easy setup through your tablet, smartphone, or PC. Once set up, it provides Multiple Account Control and customization i.e. you can set up to four SSIDs or wireless networking accounts. It provides you the flexibility to set the Privacy control for each user account and can also restrict access to specific web sites. You can also set the maximum bandwidth limit that each account can use.
2. D-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Router
The D-Link AC1200 is a dual-band router. You can enjoy Wi-Fi speeds of up to 300 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz and 867Mbps in 5 gigahertz for all your HD streaming and online gaming needs. The DIR-822 delivers fast wireless speeds and improved coverage with a reliable connection. You can enjoy multiplayer gaming, HD streaming, file transfers, video chat, email, and web surfing all at the same time, without any speed lags.
It has 4 high-performance antennas that can deliver the maximum range in your house. The high-gain antennas provide exceptional coverage reaching every room. It gives you the flexibility to create a separate and secured Guest network at home. D-Link’s Intelligent QoS: The traffic Optimization feature delivers uninterrupted performance for all your applications by figuring out which application needs top priority.
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000P)
The Net Gear Nighthawk AC2300 dual-band router provides extensive wi-fi coverage up to 2000 square feet area for up to 35 devices on your network. You can enjoy Wi-Fi speeds of up to 600 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1625Mbps in 5 GHz for HD streaming and online gaming. This Net Gear smart router has a dual-core 1 GHz processor that supports Netgear’sDynamic QoS technology. It’s Smart Connect feature provides a quick and easy set-up.
Its special feature is its in-built NETGEAR Armor multi-layer security software that protects all your connected smart devices, with anti-virus, anti-malware, and data theft protection on unlimited devices for a 30-day free trial. Its smart Circle App lets you easily manage internet content access among multiple connected devices, and more for a $4.99/month (1st-month free trial). You can also add voice control by combining it with an Alexa device.
4. Amped ALLY-0091K Wireless Ally Plus
The Amped ALLY-0091K is a smart combination of both router plus extender. It allows uninterrupted Wi-fi access to up to15000 sq. ft. It provides super-fast AC1900 Wi-Fi speeds to stream HD and 4K videos, and games without lag on multiple devices at once. You can also get the same speed with your wired devices with its Gigabit Ports.
It is secured by AVG and protects the devices on your network from Malware and phishing attacks by blocking harmful websites. You can get AVG reports and alerts for your kids’ online activity so that you can keep a tab on them. Its smart parental control features help you to create user profiles for each member of the family and filter out content, set individual Wi-Fi access schedules, pause the Internet when required, and much more. You can also manage what your kids see online by blocking access to specific content or apps with the ALLY App.
5. NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System Router
The NETGEAR OrbiAC3000 (RBK50) is an Ultra-Performance whole-home mesh Wi-Fi System – router with single satellite extender features and speeds up to 3Gbps over 5,000 sq. Feet. It provides blazingly fast and seamless Wi-Fi connectivity in every corner of your house.
This router uses the patented Tri-Band technology that maintains speed even if more devices are added to the network. It also has4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired devices.
The router provides a simple setup with the Orbi app. You can also create a guest network, access parental controls, perform speed tests, from the app. It comes with the NETGEAR Armor that is a Built-in antivirus and data theft protection for all your devices. It protects your connected devices from internet threats and provides regular scans and alerts. The trial version covers unlimited devices.
6. Google WiFi system 3-Pack (NLS-1304-25) Router
This is an innovative Google 3-Pack – Router replacement Wi-Fi system, for whole-home coverage (NLS-1304-25). It is a new type of connected system for uninterrupted Wi-Fi access throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering. It can replace your current router, and power your modem and internet service. A single Wi-Fi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 square feet Wi-Fi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage.
Google’s Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices. A simple Google app helps to set up the router and manage your network. It also allows you to see what’s connected, prioritize devices, and set family controls to pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices.
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo (C7000)
This NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi Router Combo are compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, etc. This C7000 model replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router and saving you up to $150/year in equipment rental fees.
It is suitable for cable plans up to 400 Mbps. It provides fast AC1900 Wi-Fi speeds over a coverage area of up to 1800 square feet and 30 devices connected. You can also connect your fast wired connections like printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices to its 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. It provides a safe and secure network with parental controls and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
8. ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router provides an innovative Ai-Mesh Compatible solution for a Mesh Wi-Fi System that provides extensive home coverage. It has a 1GHz CPU and supports 3×3 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology for speeds up to 1750Mbps. This is an ultra-smart router that monitors and manages your network from the ASUS Router App. You can easily set it up by using the ASUSWRT web-based interface.
It has USB ports that enable sharing for printers and USB storage with the ability to remote access files from the ASUS Ai-Cloud 2.0. The router keeps your network protected and secure by using Ai-Protection powered by Trend Micro. It provides security from viruses, malware, and phishing.
9. TP-Link AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
This 5GHz Gigabit Dual Band MU-MIMO Wireless Internet Router by TP-Link provides a long-Range Coverage by 4 Antennas (Archer A6). This is a Dual –Band router that provides 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 900Mbps for 5GHz. Its MU MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously and is suitable for 4K streaming.
You can also connect your fast-wired connections like printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices to its 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. The router supports AP mode I.e. you can easily share your internet wirelessly by switching to its Access point mode. It is very easy to set up and manage this router through the TP-Link Tether App. It comes with a2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support.
10. D-Link Wireless AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router
This Gigabit wireless router from D-Link is a Dual-band router with Advanced AC1900 technology that provides 600Mbps for 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps for 5GHz frequencies. Its advanced wireless AC technology enhances the wireless signal strength and throughput and provides lag-free seamless streaming for all kinds of devices, whether wired, wireless or USB devices.
You can also connect your fast-wired connections like printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices to its 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. Its smart processor promotes Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) that will automatically select the fastest Wi-fi speed and channel for every device. You can easily set up this router and manage your network from an app on your smartphone or tablet.
We have tried to bring you the detailed features of the best Optimum compatible modems and routers. If you have made up your mind to save a quick buck by purchasing routers and modems that work with optimum, you can go through the features discussed above. Your choice of modem and router will depend upon your Optimum speed package and your device requirements.
The Arris Touchstone TM1602A DOCSIS 3.0 stands out as one of the best modems that work with optimum because of its advanced features. It has 2 VoIP telephone lines, 24×8 channels and can support speeds up to 960mbps and can be upgraded. It is followed by the Cisco DPQ3212 Cable Modem, which is the second-best modem in the Optimum category.
For Optimum budget routers, the ASUS RT-N12 will work great for small homes. Asus RT-AC66U-B1 and D-LINK DIR-880L will work efficiently for medium to large homes, in the category of Optimum quality routers. So, go ahead and make your purchase and be ready to save costs on your monthly internet and cable bill.
Adam Neumann, CEO Of WeWork Has Reportedly Cashed Out Of Over $700 Million Ahead Of Its IPO
Adam Neumann, the chief executive, and co-founder of the international real estate co-working start-up WeWork has cashed out over $700 million from his company just prior to its public offering.
The size and timing of the pay-outs, made through a mix of loans and stock sales secured by his equity in the company is unusual, considering the fact that founders usually wait until after a company holds its public offering to liquidate their holdings.
Despite sales of stock and loans, reported by The Wall Street Journal, Neumann remains to be the single largest shareholder in the company.
According to the reports of the journal:
“Neumann has already set-up a family office to invest the proceeds and begun to hire financial professionals to run it.”
He is also known to make significant investments in real estate in San Francisco and New York. This includes four homes in the New York metropolitan area and a $21 million, 13000 square-foot house in the Bay Area complete with a guitar-shaped room. It is reported that Neumann had spent around $80 million on real estate.
Other than that Neumann is also known to invest in commercial real estate. This includes properties in Calif, New York, and San Jose. At least four of his properties are leased to WeWork, to the tune of several million dollars in rent. As reported by the journal:
“Neumann will transfer those property holdings to a WeWork-controlled fund.”
He has also made investments in start-ups in recent years. He is reported to have an equity stake in seven companies including Intercure, EquityBee, Selina, Hometalk, Feature.fm and Pins.
Neumann is actually reaping great rewards from stock sales and loans. His rewards are the highest recorded by a private company executive. In recent years, Evan Spiegel sold $8 million in stock and borrowed $20 million from Snap before its 2017 public offering. Stewart Butterfield, chief executive of Slack Technologies sold $3.2 million of stock before Slack’s public offering in June.
WeWork has refused to comment anything on the matter.
Best Digital Piano Brands 2020
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. There...
Alesis V49 Digital Piano Review 2020
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. In...
Best Cable One Compatible Modems & Routers [Cable One Approved]
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. Technology...
Polaroid Bluetooth Speakers Reviews & Buying Guide
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. Your...
Best Printer for Printing Envelopes [Reviews & Buyer’s Guide]
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. The...
Best Cassette Adapter for Car With Aux Cords (Reviews & Guide)
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. Over...
Best WOW! Compatible Modems & Routers Approved By WOW – 2020
RN is run by readers. When readers purchase through links on our blog, we might earn an affiliate commission. WOW!...
Mobile7 months ago
Apple is going to shift to its new keyboard design in 2019/2020 MacBooks
Piano5 months ago
How to Find the Best Digital Piano – Best Digital Pianos & Electronic Keyboard in 2019
Internet7 months ago
Google maps will now be able to predict how crowded your train or bus will be
Reviews9 months ago
Best X99 Motherboard for Gaming in 2020
Mobile6 months ago
Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ with a robot to insert them is revealed by Elon Musk
Reviews6 months ago
Best Z270 Motherboards for Gaming in 2020 – Reviews
Technology6 months ago
Move Over SpaceX. Amazon is planning to launch Thousands of Internet Satellites Too
Internet6 months ago
Adam Neumann, CEO Of WeWork Has Reportedly Cashed Out Of Over $700 Million Ahead Of Its IPO